Minuteman 325VA Uninterruptible Power Supply

oh my bad… didn’t know it had battery backup so you can keep your computer on to save your stuff for a short period of time if your power were to go out… am now reconsidering getting this!!

quote: and any other modern acronymic convenience.

shouldn’t that technically be abbrevatic(?) or some variation of abbreviation. Acronyms require that words be formed from the initials. I find pronouncing HDDVD without sounding out the letters difficult.

185 watts? Is this enough for a 500 watt power supply on my computer?

I’ve never had a surge problem or ever heard of anyone else. Might not hurt to have one.

How long is 325VA supposed to last for say one computer?
"3.6 minutes full load backup time "

185 Watts capacity, and they call it an UPS, save the money unless you are powering your MP3 player

325VA/185W maximum load for battery-powered outlets

Way too weak for any good computer built in the last two years. (they require 300-600w) Don’t bother.

Hmm – looked interesting, but apparently will last less than 10 minutes -

Where is the Wootcast?

I am tempted, but not for my computer. My damn fax shuts down if there is a bower blip, and heaven knows we get tons of them.

Might be nice since sometimes I don’t even know the power was down a split second, so I don’t know to turn it back on.

http://www.scarypersonals.com/images/badge2.bmp

Looks good. I wonder if it will be enough power for my DLP 52" TV?

Maybe a good deal, but it seems like anyone who owns a computer already has a surge protector. Common sense right?

I’m in for two. hard to beat the cheap shipping. These Mofos are heavy.

I’ve wanted to get a UPS for my Tivo for a long while now.

Nope, it has enough power to run my aquarium and my vibrating toothbrush. BOTH at the same time. Now if I can just get the cord over to the answer machine.

i almost bought 2 of them, but then i read that only 2 of the outlets provide battery backup and the other 2 are surge only

I want more from Woot.
I want (need) to be amazed each and every day
I think I deserve it.
We stay up late risking job termination and worse for this
which is why I want more from Woot.
I want (need) to be amazed each and every day
I think I deserve it.

Meh… CompUSA had APC one exact same spec for 9.99 just a month ago. Even the original price in CompUSA is exactly the same as this…

I’ll pass… good night

Matthew gets the weekend off. Check back tomorrow.

only two outlets with that little power, will run maybe my monitor for all of 40 seconds… no wonder it is only 20 bucks

Finally something I can use to protect my pc’s when the power goes out. Thanks woot. :slight_smile: