Mio C720T 4.3” GPS with Text to Speech, Bluetooth and 2MP Camera

I got one. I watched some video demonstrations on YouTube and I found the interface easy enough to use. This would be my first GPS.

Who am I kidding. Once the wife sees it, I’m never going to have it in my car. i should have bought two.

I have a Mio 320, and it works great. The only problem I had was up in Alaska. Not sure if it was too high up. Plus how often are you in Alaska?

Does anybody know if Mio gives out free map updates?

In for 1. I have a c320 which is nearly the same model only without the bells and whistles like BT and camera. It works just fine for me delivering pizza in Delaware. Addresses are not the most accurate in some areas but will put you right in someones driveway every once and a while. I really want this for the camera so I can record traffic on the road in case of an accident…Delaware drivers are horrible. All around a great deal considering Black Friday last year I paid $150 for my c320 at Radioshack.

Based on what I read on GPS Passion forums, the updates are not free, but are only about $25. Not bad considering you only need to update every few years, if at all.

This is new… If there is a newer version of the maps presently on the market, but NOT in this unit, call and complain. 9 times out of 10, they will give you a free update as a matter of good PR… Happened to me with Garmin, and they gave me the freebie…

Been lookin for a GPS of my own…and for the reviews I’ve read, this one sounds right up my alley. and at the price of a entry level garmin…well, why the hell not?
I found this extensive review… GPS REVIEWS Archives - GPS LODGE
For the discounted price, i’m willing to accept a few irks…

in for 3 and plus 3…

this is a new model…very nice woot.

but, please, we want garmin wide screen for maximum 150 with blluetooth!!!

This model was released almost a year ago to the day so I wouldn’t exactly call it “new” and there is probably a newer model waiting in the wings, thus the sale of these units to Woot!

bought 1 for my mom, hopefully she’ll use it

Loving the mix of exceedingly correct grammar with street talk.

Some information for those considering:

Mio is not a no-name brand; it is a European brand, where until recently GPS were much more popular than here in the US.

This is an “older” model, but is likely being clearanced because Mio got in a battle with their software provider (iGo) and ended up moving to a new provider for their new units. iGo is arguably the best software out there if you want functionality and customizability…it will not be as simple as a Tom-Tom, but will do more. It’s up to you what you want.

12 million POIs are the best out there, not just in amount, but as things you’ll actually be looking for. I’ve used all the major brands, and this is currently the best out there.

This uses TeleAtlas maps, the same as TomTom. There is no question that Navteq used to be better, but the latest versions of these are on par if not better.

Will Echo others…HIGHLY HACKABLE, and other at gpspassion have done all the hacking for you, so all you need is $9 SD card.

Well I am in for one… had to have a friend snag one for me as was low on cash until Wednesday. But I was in the market for a new GPS and have owned a Garmin C550 and then that VR3 in-dash unit. Was looking just the other day to get a Garmin 750 for about $300 but then I saw this. Looks good and the price is definitely right.

Just found mine by the door, must have been delivered yesterday. It’s in a sealed Mio box, haven’t opened it yet.

Opened the box, everything’s there. Charged the unit overnight and it seems to be working fine, so far. Very, very nice GPS!

Mine hasn’t arrived yet, what part of the country are you in ? I hope its on a slow train here instead of ‘lost’. What a terrible thing for a GPS to get ‘lost’ in shipping.

I’m in NYC.

I’ve not seen mine yet either; I don’t even have a tracking number…

Received and working well. I’m probably going to pick up a Mio 320 from Staples this weekend. I don’t have any troubles with Mio’s software. I do think that has way more features than I need.

Please email service@woot.com for the tracking.