Mirage "Not Bad Fizzy Cab" (12)

That’s good enough for me - I’m in. Thanks, Fred!

If you live in the L.A. area, I’ll take those off your hands, :slight_smile:

Or you can just put it in a blender.

Bought this at the last offering, and have no complaints. Tried it right out of the bottle and… yup, got fizz. Let it sit, and it mellows right out and turns into a nice inexpensive drinking wine. I’m also thinking that this might be a nice base for making sangria for the summer.

“Lambrusco”? Is that supposed to be a good thing? I was ready to buy until reading this comment. To me this says that it’s way too sweet, and tends to scare me off. Anybody else have a comment?

I have a friend that loves JLohr Cab. I usually end up with one as hostess gift when we get together and I don’t think it’s bad for a low price cab. Can anyone tell me how this would compare to JLohr?

The texture, not the flavor :). You can’t be thinking that they would be anywhere close otherwise.

Fred, PM for ya.

I’m with you on this. I don’t want a whole case. Any even a half-case would be pushing it. If we can find a 3rd from the dinner, I can buy it and do a 3-way split.

I don’t know whether this was addressed in the prior thread, but would running it through a Vinturi aerator suffice, or is additional time in the decanter required??

I’m down with that, any takers?

That would help lessen the decant time but not eliminate it. You could aerate into the decanter and use Fred’s method of repeated, vigorous swirling to get it ready to drink quickly.

Would using a venturi aerator speed up the process of “de-bubbling?”

Edit - Sorry. See that this was answered.

Kinda figgered (and hoped) that was probably the case. Thanks a lot. Just placed my order.

Lambrusco is not (all) sweet. In fact, most of it (by a shade) isn’t. If all you’ve had is Riunite, you should try some of the real stuff.

And now, back to the original thread…

I don’t want a case of this, but if anyone in DC or NY is going in, I’d love to take two or three off your hands.

iByron

How come it does not support ship/sell to Massachusetts? What’s going on?!?!

I know it’s been a while since I’ve been around, but Woot is now selling spoiled wine for $90/case? We used to get perfectly good wine at that price (adjusted for inflation, no less - I remember a case of Truchard that came out to $6.50/bottle). Goodness me.

Please explain how, with all of your obvious knowledge and wisdom, this wine is spoiled, as you say.

Here is the list of states that Sextant Wines is supposedly shipping to right now. MA is not on the list.

There are discrepancies between the list on woot and of the winery, but MA is not one of those.

@Woot: The winery itself is not charging sales tax unless shipping to California, I actually had seen several “woot” wineries that do not seem to charge sales tax when shipping “out of state”… if it is a compliance thing of the winery as indicated in previous posts, then how do they do it differently when shipping directly after ordering from them compared to Woot?