Mission Pigpossible

Aww! thanks Bassa! you rock!

reminds me of toy story 3…

Holy effing whatisitsface 240 sold? Seriously?

So… uh… what happened here? Not for sale anymore? Not in the reckoning? I was thinking of getting this shirt for my father-in-law (Michael Gross).

I was wondering the same thing… What happened to Walmazan!!

Hmmm… Not much discussion either.

Usually when there’s foul play there’s a bunch of discussion about it.

Weird.

I really do not know what happen neither :frowning:

Looking into it…

isn’t it obvious from the bio of the designer?

Woot… how could you do this? Explode good ole Walmazan? And I was wearing Holy Guacamole not two days ago. D:

The sales for Sunday are accurate. It was up throughout the day… we’re not sure why but the on-going sale this morning turned on and then off a couple of minutes after going up. It should be back up now.

I think it should speak volumes that the lowest selling derby tee ever is a Walmazan. Much the same way the two highest selling derby tees are a tjost and a haxrox.

Woot needs a huge internal makeover. Walmazan brings 100% of what wooters claim to like in a tee every week. His style is inarguably cute, his concepts are easy to understand, his color schemes are appealing, and you’d be hard pressed to find someone who seems more honestly good-natured (though 'round these parts, fake ass-kissers are quite plentiful). Yet when he wins, he regularly sells poorly. Why? The only thing I can think of is that he has his own style. He’s not the only one using someone else’s horrible style. He isn’t so bland he could be mistaken for anyone. He does distinctly walmazany work. And his concepts, while simple, are not SIMPLE. Usually they’re easy to read, but also usually, they’re somewhere outside the box while also making sense.

And yet Walmazan gets the dubious honor of being the lowest selling derby winner. And yet woot refuses to admit that there is something terribly wrong with their site. Personally, were I Wences, I’d be proud to garner that distinction after seeing how generic the stuff that sticks around tends to be.

I totally agree. If only there were some kind of motivations or external factors that they could use to run their business better. If only there were some way that people-- maybe even people that visit the site-- could give incentive to Woot to run their business one way, as opposed to another.

Alas, these things are a mystery that can never be solved.

Unless you’re trying to sarcastically note that “making money = running a site correctly”, which would make you worthless to listen to, there IS a basic obvious incentive.

The people who would buy worthwhile shirts have long since left this site. Anyone who has paid three shreds of attention to this site would know this. So if the site started being proactive in bringing GOOD work in, more customers would frequent the site that WANT good work. Woot has millions of registered users, and hasn’t even scratched 5% of a million on any one shirt, even with one approaching three years of chart time. How many of those users no longer check shirtside because everything here is so childish? How many don’t check woot at all because of that? How many fans of sites with a better pedigree have missed great tees because the average woot tee isn’t worth looking at? I know for a fact that I’d never know a good tee was printed at other sites with even worse track records without being told by someone. Make it worthwhile for people with a sense of diversity to check in, and the sales will improve on diverse work. the same 10,000 people will all buy the same exact boring generic trash. People who want something good have their own taste. 100 good tees will not sell as well per tee, but it will bring in far more different customers, which in the long run is far more important. Every one of those generic buyers will still buy the occasional non-crap design, and if not, will still buy the trash being sold during woot-offs. The important thing is to bring people in who find worth in the art being put together, and the only way to do that is to improve what is being offered.

Or, we could watch people like Walmazan suffer while people with zero talent continually prosper. That is DEFINITELY not broken!

Yes and yes.

As for the rest of your post: tl;dr

I’m glad you enjoy our crappy shirts! Thanks for sticking around!