Mister Poe’s Guilt Trip

Neil Gaiman carries the torch by himself no longer, it would seem.

Beautiful work Anna!
Congrats!

Here’s a link to Poe’s “The Black Cat” that this seems to reference.

There’s also seven different audio versions you can listen to at my favorite volunteer site, LibriVox.

Oh, and nice shirt. :]

Man… two awesome shirts in less than 4 days. My wallet cries. Will wait for the reckoning!

Finally! Since the Shirt woot began there hasn’t been a shirt that wowed me till now.

“Great work” to the designer!

in for 1 :wink:

Great Shirt Will Wait for Reckoning on this one

This should be a Quality Post! It gave me a laugh.

Since when is the new Woot! shirt $12?

i didn’t even see the little guy down there until seeing the zoomed in version. this one’s scary looking!

What about Mister Blake?
“Kitty, Kitty, burning bright?”

Thanks for all the nice comments, people.

I am happy to brag about the fact…uhm, tell you about the fact that the art piece made it into the Society of Illustrators in New York. There is a blog report about it right here:

blog report :smiley:

Oh my.
Highlighted on the front page in full QuiP glory for all the world to see.
Oh my, oh my.

Beautiful shirt, btw.

Nice work. Reminds me of Hootenanny, albeit the owl shirt has a more of a whimsical vibe rather than ominous.

Oy!

VERY nice poem work there by the Woot staff.

I’m curious if it is purely original, or if it is based on another work. I couldn’t find anything related in my brief search of the interwebs…

Let me be the fourth person on the page to call this beautiful work. Love the overall shape, the textures and the appealing sense of dread.

It’s the cat’s meow.

Hi there. To be wuite honest, nothing is purely original nowadays. Especially in the shirt culture “Things that shape other things” are a popular visual tool. I personally have been inspired by other designs which use trees to shape something else, so I am not the inventor of that style.

However, the constellation, theme, figures are all from my very own brain :wink: inspired after I listened to a couple of Poe audio books.

Great write up, pays excellent homage to the story. If it were printed on the back in the same color red it would most certainly increase the awesomeness of this shirt.

That poem’s all me, though written with a nod to the styles of Poe and the concepts explored by the shirt.

EDIT: I think queenmob was referring to the beautiful design of the shirt, not taking credit for the write-up. She did the hard work, I just followed her lead!

Oh I’m sorry! Yes, I was referring to the art. It pays off to read comments more closely haha!
The beautiful poem is all woot staff work! :slight_smile: