Mixed Peonies

Mixed Peonies

What do you mean 1, 2 or 4 pack? Does each pack contain a red, a pink and a white peony?

Who am I kidding! The ones I bought last year are still in the box.

Here you go. It’s added to the drop down.

1pack = 4 Bulbs (mix)

2pack = 8 Bulbs (mix)

4pack = 16 Bulbs (mix)

make sure you plant them away from the house. peonies = ants.

1 Like

@Williamdavi You might like these. They bloom in early summer but I think the leaves are pretty so I deadhead them and leave them into fall. They do bring in ants. The ants eat the wax off the flower heads so they’ll open. This one came from Aldis a long time ago and it was labeled “red”.

2 Likes

That one is awesome! I really want some. I’m sure aldi will have them this year because their aldi finds, which include plants, come back year after year. I tried planting the bulbs or whatever the hell they are last year and they only got like 5 inches tall and no flowers. Soil could have been too wet or they were planted too deep. I might use my CS coupon to buy these

1 Like

If you get the bare root ones they don’t usually bloom the first year or two. I started this one in a coffee can and didn’t plant it outside until it was full on summer. I think I got one bloom the next year.

If you’re impatient, the W mart and most other seasonal greenhouses sell them in gallon pots with blooms ready to go. Just don’t pick the ants off or they really won’t open (my mom did that once).

1 Like

Thanks. I’m sure they’ll be much bigger this year then. Now that I think about it I did read something that says they start off small and then year after year get bigger. Stupid slow flowers.

1 Like

Yeah. I might use my coupon on the 4 pack of these. I’m sure that “mix” will all be the same color. But it’ll be a few years before we know. These aren’t a bad price.

1 Like

I want some of their other bulbs. They are selling 100 packs for 13 dollars. They look like a good deal but I’m sure they’ll all be dried up.

I never have luck with the ones you plant in spring. I think gladiolus are easy, but they remind me of funeral flowers.

If I start dahlias in a coffee can they do ok. But I’m up north. Stuff grows better where you are.

1 Like

And they might be good. I bought the giant tulips from this company two years ago and they did great last spring. I don’t think they were giant, but the quality was there.

1 Like

I was wondering if they really got 5ft tall. Seems a little stretched.

Not even close.

1 Like

Whoa, those are massive!!! You should have complained to CS

1 Like

At least they look nice

1 Like

Lol. They’re fine. They are the bigger ones. Sooo yeah lol. I’m curious about what they do this year.

Meeting time!

1 Like

Good luck! My phone battery drained 20% just talking to you and it’s on the lowest brightness so I’ll be taking a break for a while too.

1 Like

I was going around town, and asking people if they wanted to come to my house to see my peonies. I have to go to court next week.

3 Likes

my peony roots arrived two days ago. looked strong and healthy, but unfortunately package came with only three instead of the advertised 4 roots. :frowning: