Mobile LED Projector

At least Optoma is well known for being a great bang for the buck brand (Unlike say, Dyson). Optoma has continually driven down the prices of projectors by breaking price barriers with new technology per price/performance. They were the first to make a really good below $1000 720p Home Theater Projector then did the same with 1080p sub $2k and 1080p with built in 3D.

I bought an Optoma PK 301 about two years ago. The HDMI port stopped working just out of warranty. Technical support said this had happened with other units and that it cost more to fix than to replace. Now the rest of the projector has given up the ghost (it constantly reboots even when plugged into AC).

Despite that, I bought one of the ML500’s and can’t wait for it to get here. If the PK301’s picture was great at 50 lumens, I can’t wait to see 500 lumens.

I will use this both for business and for watching television and videos. I wanted a very portable unit that had multiple inputs and enough power to see with some ambient light.

was it supposed to come with a remoter control?

update: dear woot staff - - good news - i’m an slow thinking dullard- the remote and vga cable were in the pouch of the storage case

and word to the wise for my fellow woot dullards: you have to pull out the plastic tab on the remote for it to work. companies put in a plastic barrier to keep the battery from draining before you’re ready to use it.

took me four tries to get an adjective past the woot big brother word checker suck my fat cock you cunt lickers

According to the specifications: YES. We’re sorry to hear that your order didn’t have a remote control.

We recommend that you contact Optoma Support to have them ship you one.
If they’re unable to help you, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

dear woot staff - i’m glad i caught you in a rare moment of sobriety - good news - i’m an idiot - the remote and vga cable were in the pouch of the storage case

and word to the wise for my fellow woot morons: you have to pull out the plastic tab on the remote for it to work. companies put in a plastic barrier to keep the battery from draining before you’re ready to use it.

We’re glad you found it :slight_smile:

I just received my projector and hooked up a hdmi cable from my sat box. I get sound but the projector light doesn’t come on. All of the controls are dependent on navigating through the menu that requires a picture. Am I missing something or is this doa? Tech support is only open mon-fri.

Sorry to hear you received a DOA unit. Please email into service@woot.com and we’ll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff