Mochiba 12-in. Wi-Fi Ceiling Light w/ Music Sync

I didn’t bother looking at the actual size of this light, but the example photos look ridiculous. The company decided to make the light appear so much larger than it actually is, it seems too big. Isn’t there someone at Woot that screens this stuff before it goes to consumers?

5 Likes

• “Manufacturer stock images are not to scale. Light measures 12 inches in diameter.”

Should read “Manufacturer stock images are just silly. Light measures a standard ruler in diameter”

4 Likes

Looks like this product was on clearance here already

And people were not happy. It’s one thing for woot to recycle perpetually on clearance junk items, but to not even correct misleading product photos after multiple iterations and many complaints makes it seem like woot/Amazon is in on the scam hustle and/or doesn’t care.

It’s really disappointing to see this. Im going to uninstall the woot app and stop checking the daily deals—rarely anything that seems like an actual deal anymore.
bored animation GIF by funk

1 Like

Woot: “We lost the halcyonandon account, shut it all down!”

5 Likes

Actually, if it was that big, I’d want it for my kitchen. too bad it’s only 12 inches.

5 Likes

I have another device that connects only to 2.4 ghz. It wont work for me because even though I have dual speeds, the default is the faster speed and I havent figured out how to force it to accept the slower speed. So because of that it wont connect at all.

1 Like

I came here for the same comment. The pictures make it look 12’ not 12".

3 Likes

Ok, yah, that is a bit much. I’m usually one to defend Woot! and remind everyone to read the description(*) vs. only looking at the photos, caveat emptor and all that stuff. But this one, wow. The other photos one could possibly argue camera angles and forced perspective, but that bedroom photo is outright misleading.

@ThunderThighs can someone have a polite conversation with the vendor about their photos?

(*) - And if it isn’t clear, it DOES indicate the size is 12 inches in four places (title, bottom of features text, AND twice in the specs).

2 Likes

Wait until you see the gun “safe” that they sell who’s lock can be opened with a drywall cap. Yet they continue to sell it time and time again.

Sometimes, for devices like that, you have to separate the networks into a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz network for them to connect.

I’ve also heard that sometimes you can get the device to connect if you temporarily disable the 5 GHz band, connect the device to WiFi, and then re-enable the 5 GHz band.

1 Like

Checks “Tools & Garden” section, sees a ceiling light. This will go nicely in my garden ceiling.

4 Likes

I had to do that second option to get my instant pot smart Wi-Fi to connect to my network.

Finally!

3 Likes

Photos

Yep, they’re silly. They’re off scale. We put notes in the sale and state the size in the features.

These are flipped from Amazon so we don’t have access to a vendor to request new photos.

We’ll all have to use our imagination.

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

I actually had an issue where even the description was wrong, but I didn’t discover this until well after the return window. (My bad for waiting until I actually needed the item to take it out of the packaging instead of when I received it.)

And I can’t find it on Amazon to leave a review. (A Pet Car Seat Protector.) Keep waiting to see if it pop’s up on Woot again though.

1 Like

I guess the sample photos of the light were how it looks in a Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie.

1 Like

Spinal Tap wrote specs for that light on a napkin.

True. I researched this and there are ways to do it, however if I screw it up, I’d never get back to where it was before and it’s just not worth the trouble, given the potential for complete system wide disaster.

1 Like