Mohini Indian Fusion Spices - 4 Pack

Poultry Blend would be ideal for Chicken Korma, Chicken Tikka. Vegetable Blend you can prepare a awesome Saag. Tandoori Blend, great for Lamb or Chicken Tandoori. The Spicy Pepper Blend is designed to add the heat and flavor to any of the entrees.

I’m a sucker for really spicy lamb vindaloo. Would the spicy pepper blend add heat to an already hot dish from my local, or is it something to start “from scratch” with?

You’re gonna need some Chutney, Pickle, and Relish Recipes to go along with all that, aren’t ya?

The Spicy Pepper Blend can add heat to any dish from scratch or already prepared. Even sprinkle on your favorite pizza. A little goes a long long way. I can stomach pretty spicy food. Use caution! Start with 1/2 a teaspoon.

Just wanted to say hello. This is Mohini and I just figured out how to post a formal hello. Got a little too excited in responding to questions. It is my pleasure to share my passion for cooking and these Spice Blends with you. Hope you will enjoy creating many amazing dishes with these. I will be posting some fun recipes. Talk to you soon! Namaste…Goodbye…

Are these Kosher? I have perused your website, but have found no mention of this. Please advise.

You took the words outa my mouth

I’ve found a nice Riesling goes well with just about every Indian dish I’ve tried. The sweetness of the wine balances well with the spiciness of the food, and the sweeter the better, NOT a dry Riesling… just my opinion.

Namaste, Mohini, and thank you. I’m excited to try these, and I’m looking forward to seeing any recipes you might post!

Sorry - we have not persued Kosher certification as of yet. In discussion with several co-packers and our spice suppliers it would not be a problem as these are simply 100% pure spice, no addatives, no preservatives, and no salt or other fillers. This is something we would work to get by the Holidays and post on our website and labels - thank you!!!

You can get something very similar (though not in fancy jars and probably with some preservatives and not “gourmet”-packaged) from your local Indian grocery store for $1-2 a box. Just FYI.

That is actually a a valid question and the serious answer is no. Several of the spices, in addition to anti-oxidant qualities, also aide in digestion. Turmeric and paprika in particular are soothing to the digestive tract and, I hate to admit but I actually have an occasional 1/2 teaspoon raw of each!!
A nice site with health properties in addition to ours is Bulk Herbs & Spices | Wholesale Loose Herbs & Spices We also have a health features page on our site.

Are these products kosher?

Thank you!!! Each blend has a recipe on the back Poultry is a classic chicken curry, vegi is for a great fresh geen bean curry, tandoori has Tandoori chicken or really any meat you want to use, and Spicy Blend has a really great red potato curry. In addition the website has 3 for each blend and yes, I will be posting several later today!!!

There, of course are many different blends out there. We are striving for a very fresh and different approach. Our spices are selected by quality and flavor. We hand toast and immediately grind and bottle each blend. Our blends contain all the spices in both a traditional Garam Masala and a Curry Powder.

I’m sorry, but it’s gotta be said…beer. I’m a newbie at wine, but at cooking, not so much, and I’ve been working on Indian cooking specifically this year. Try a good bitter ale, especially with the hotter dishes.

That being said, based on what I’m reading here, I’ll probably try Riesling with it just to see. Definitely in on this one!

Looks like these sell for $37.96, shipping included in my equation ($7.99 each except for the spicy pepper blend, $7.49 + $6.50 shipping) on their site:

http://indianfusions.com/spiceblends.html

I’m in for one, I always like experimenting with new spice blends, I have never tried these combinations, sounds like good stuff!

Which one goes good on hamburgers?

The best one for hamburgers would be the Tandoori Blend and Spicy Pepper Blend for heat. Saute some red onions, 1/2 tsp of finely chopped garlic, with a little olive oil. Add 1-2 tsp of Tandoori Blend and 1/2 a tsp of Spicy Pepper Blend, if you enjoy the heat, to the sauted onions and mix with your ground Beef. Salt to taste and form your patties. Enjoy!

My husband is on a low salt diet but loves Indian food and so I thought I would get these spices for him. Anyone know if they contain high or low doses of sodium?