Molten Phoenix

That’s right, the Fenix!
Will RiiiIIIiiIIIiiiIIIiiiIIISEEEE AGAAAHAIIHAIHAIAIAIN!

Ditto. I might buy it anyway, but dang the women’s tees suck. The only difference I can tell twixt these and regular guys shirts is that the shoulders are smaller, but that’s it. It hangs on me like a tent, with no definition at the waist.

I might buy one anyway, 'cause I live in Phoenix. But all my recent woot shirts are pretty much slacker house shirts or when I don’t care about how I look. Which sucks.

I find the women’s shirts to have an awkward fit: tight in the shoulder but loose everywhere else. I buy men’s if there’s a shirt I really want so it’s at least loose everywhere and the added length is nice.

I’m on the fence on this design. I really like it but don’t usually buy artsy shirts. Can we have prints? =)

Edit:

Now that you mention it… I would say two frogs trying to mate with a peacock.

Thanks guys -.-

I have the Battle of the Planets theme song stuck in my head, having seen this shirt.

Congrats Anemality!!! such an awesome design!:smiley:

Wow, I thought I was the only native Phoenician. :slight_smile:

For reference, whatever blanks ThinkGeek uses for their “babydoll” shirts (as opposed to their “women’s classic cut”) is a fantastic fit. Actually contoured at the waist, outlining the body but not tight at any point. Admittedly, I am very hourglass-shaped.

Fully agree – the blanks are bad. My Goodwill is getting a lot of nice art on bad shirts after a few washes, even in cold water. I’d pay more for a better (USA-made???) shirt.

Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire!

Speed to First Woot: 0m 23.221s
First Sucker: baybei
Last Wooter to Woot: cuttlef1sh
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace: 0m 37.779s
Woots Sold: 2463

First day sales 2463

I think the fit depends on body shape. For the female blanks, I think the new anvil ones fit me sooooo much better than the AAs ever did. Although I do wish that an XS was offered for the women’s anvil. I wear the small now, but I know there’s plenty smaller than I.

I ordered one. I’m curious to see how the gold ink looks, washes, and wears.

The write up for this shirt is so great! I also live in Flagstaff and I agree, we will be needled if you wear that shirt here, we hate Phoenix!

Out of all the shirts I’ve bought on woot, this is the one I’m looking forward to receiving the most. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

After ordering one shirt in a woman’s medium (RAMYB’s flaming tiger) I switched over to the mens shirts. You would have to be shaped like a pyramid for the womans shirts to fit properly. The black fabric feels scratchy and cheap even after several washings. After washing and a bit of time in the dryer the mens medium fit almost perfectly and the navy blue fabric felt much softer than the black. Still it looks like a good fitting mens shirt. The old womans XL fit best.

I hope the black fabric on this shirt is better than the black fabric on the womens shirts or I will have to stop buying black tees here. I’m considering cutting RAMYB’s flaming tiger design off the womans shirt and using fabric glue to put it on a better quality black tee.

Hey, has anybody gotten theirs yet? If so, how does that golden ink look? I’m wondering the same thing about An Inevitable Fate as well, BTW.

got mine, it looks good just wish there was more of it, its very minimal just around part of the edge of the wing mostly.

i got mine. haven’t worn it yet because somehow it just didn’t translate well onto the tshirt…it lost its sharpness that it had in the pictures especially glaringly noticeable where the white flares are. for how beautiful it was in the picture, the print version was almost cartoonish.
and the gold, they might as well have just left it off completely for how little and how badly it was used. tiny stripes at the edge of the wings and then it looks like someone just randomly splattered a couple of drops here and there just to say it had gold print on it. you really had to look hard to realize it was gold at all.
the tshirt didn’t seem to do the image the justice it deserved.

My bf got his and tbh, I am very disappointed in how it looks. The Phoenix lost nearly all its color definition in print (I can’t make out the scarlet aura around the phoenix that is on the drawing on the actual shirt itself and the inner wing is nearly invisible in print) and it looks fuzzy and pixelated at the same time. I’m beginning to wonder if he received an error’d shirt.

Sorry about that. Would you all mind sending pictures of the print to service@woot.com? We’d like to see what you received so we can address the issue. Thanks!

I’ll send in a picture too, but I don’t think it’s a print error, it just… didn’t work. Especially the gold ink - had it been a bright line instead of a screen, it would have made the shirt come alive. I mean, I came to the discussion, as I didn’t see the metallic ink, and only after reading in another post where it was, did I notice it.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E_ZqCZEmlt0/UCagKcvqeII/AAAAAAAACJM/H4rlXmlocos/w497-h373/IMAG0338.jpg

This is roughly what I received (the digital camera actually makes it looks better…) So buyer be aware when picking this shirt in the reckoning.