Momentum Aria Smart Floodlight Camera

Momentum Aria Smart Floodlight Camera

Warning!!! Momentum Does Not Honor Warranty for Purchases via Woot!

I purchased a Momentum Camera from Woot with a stated one year manufacturer warranty. However, Momentum states they will not cover the Woot sale despite it being listed.

My several month old camera had the hourly Wi-Fi drops and after sending it in, with their prior approval (and paying $10 shipping), they informed me it is not covered. I still have not even received my defective camera back!

I called their customer support after this and they told me they do not honor sales via Amazon either.

Their email telling me to have Amazon replace the defective camera.

So, not only does this camera not work, they also will not cover their products sold via Woot (part of Amazon) despite it being sold with the manufacturer warranty.

Not a big deal, but there’s one thing I think is worth noting about the “lifestyle” photo of a family in their driveway. This light is Photoshopped onto the wall next to the garage door and the scale is off. According to the specs, the light is only about 9.5" inches tall. Given that a typical brick / mortar joint is 3" the photo makes the light appear ~18" tall.

Here is a composite image that I think shows the light with a more accurate scale.

Woot%20light

Can I turn off the siren feature? I want motion light, option to talk, camera.

Also, it talks about using a free app… so if the company quits the app service then the camera is automatically obsolete, right, if theres nothing I can actually download.

And it appears the camera is only live feed…? because I don’t see anything about recording or retrieving or playback. Can anyone confirm this?

I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

Thank you…I have used theWoot CS form but have not heard back yet (was told someone would get back with me).

Momentum’s customer service is horrendous.

Thank goodness for Woot Customer Service!

They quickly were able to assist me.

I am still out the $10 I paid to send the defective camera in and still have not received the old camera back (wonder if I ever will?)…but Woot stepped up and did everything they could on their end…and very quick! I also canceled my Momentum Cloud Service…I will not purchase a Momentum Camera again.

Very thankful for the help!

1 Like