Momentum Smart Camera Garage Opener

Momentum Smart Camera Garage Opener

You should know that Momentum has not updated their app since August 28 and the app will crash immediately upon opening with an Android Phone running Android 10. It makes the hardware useless. Check the app reviews. I recommend staying far away until they fix the app (which they have been promising to do for 70 days and counting).

I had the same problem. I thought it was because I had re-setup my cameras because I got a new router. Uninstalled/reinstalled a few times to no avail.

That being said, mine is working now…Just looked at it.

I had it uninstalled for a week or so, then reinstalled it last week and it’s working now. I have a Galaxy S10+ that’s fully updated, so maybe it wasn’t the phone app, but something on their end that they fixed. I also, only added the garage door opening tiles (you can still view the garage as you can see), not the garage viewer and the door opening tiles. Not sure if that makes any difference or not.

By the way, not disagreeing that the software issue should be cause for concern. It did take too long to fix, if indeed it was something they corrected. I was very concerned that my devices were bricked.

The nice thing about these, is you can add your own microSD card that will allow you to see further back than just a day, so no need to pay for their service to hold them any longer.