Momentum Wi-Fi Smart Garage Door Opener

Momentum Wi-Fi Smart Garage Door Opener

For those who wish not to have all these IOT opening your house like a free-for-all hacking fest, you might be interested in one of these. I got tired of forgetting to close my door(s) so I started using these years ago. You can set the auto close timer to 1 minute to longer. I use the 1 for the small door and 5 for the main larger door. The motion sensor turns on the lites when you walk out into the garage, you can lock out any external key fobs (incase you leave one in your car parked out in the driveway), and a few other features if you want to connect it to a “My-Q” door opener (motor). I had one fail but contacted Chamberlain and they replaced it in a couple of days, no questions asked.

I work in IT, I’m not a fan of devices that can allow any kind of attack or hacking. The ONLY WiFi device I have is a Ranchio water sprinkler controller and even it is on it’s on private network. I don’t care if the hackers want to water my grass, but heating/cooling, alarms, video cams’, and garage doors, NOPE. I’ll keep that off the network. But this is cool idea, too bad it has to be WiFi