MonkeyLectric Bicycle Wheel Lights

This is what I am also curious about.

WE LISTENED!

They’ve UPPED the LIMIT to 6! That mean’s three bicycles can have both wheels a glowing! Or 6 bicycles with one wheel glowing!

The small version has 5 LEDs on each side of the device (10 LEDs total), whereas the larger one has 16 on each side, so yes, one device works for both sides of the wheel.

(Yeah, I got confused about that last time they were offered, but actually on the other side of it… I was trying to figure out if it had ten LEDs, how come it was only showing 5 lines of color on the pictures… It finally clicked.)

These are visible on both sides of the wheel.

Sweet! Thanks.

So you need to purchase one unit per wheel or will one unit cover both wheels?

one unit per wheel, although I’ve heard for full wheel coverage, two units per wheel is ideal

I didn’t see any signup to get this:

and

i see some people mentioning using 2 per wheel.

the instructions and website don’t mention that at all.

if you use 2 per wheel, how do they synchronize?

otherwise both lights will be doing different patterns, messing up your theme.

This is correct. I have the 232 and you just need one per wheel. The battery pack has only one connector. The other cable coming out is a termination.

Two per wheel would not work, and isn’t necessary.

I love mine, and get lots of amazed stares.

I only have 210’s so no experience with the 232’s, but the other cable coming out of the battery pack on mine allows another unit to be plugged in. In order to sync patterns you would have to of course push the pattern buttons the same number of times on each unit to get them set to the same pattern and then off you go.

These things look awesome! In for two!

You wouldn’t need to fuss with this with the 232. It’s more than enough for one wheel, and even if you started them at the same time, you’d have to be really exact, as they would soon get out of sync.

These light up on both sides of the wheel!!!

Hey Dere fellow Night-Bikerz!
Think I’m gonna pass…but just stopped in to say that I live right by the side of Lake Merritt - The Jewel of Oakland!
(Largest Tidal Lake, or some such…)

looks like 232 is sold out!

NO! I thought for sure I would be able to get an extra pair tonight. I only was able to get 3 last time because that was the max. School play ran long. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe next time.

Nuts! I was totally planning on picking one up tonight. I got the M210 when it was a Kickstarter project and I’ve installed it on two bikes and ridden probably 500 miles with it. It’s still going strong, and I’ve only charged the batteries maybe 6 or 7 times.

Dag nab it… Came buy to buy the 232’s and they were sold out… Had to wait until the paycheck cleared the bank. :frowning:

Ahh, well, slow check clearance saved me $90.