Monticello Presidential Red - Two Pack

What exactly is this stuff?

Looks like wooters in a few states are eligible to purchase that haven’t been on the list in a while!

Hmm, never had this Napa Valley red…maybe someone can let me know if they tried it or know this winery well. Thanks!

In for three. I was going to guess Jefferson Winery, but figured not from the East Coast…

$39.99 + $7.00 shipping
Red
product:
2 Monticello Presidential Red

Thanks for posting the actual link to the winery. Had to create a new entry in CT for these puppies.

So where is this winery? Not much info in the description.

Winery Page

Winery’s tasting notes:
“This wine opens with vibrant aromatics of fresh red berries. This theme follows through to the palate, where I find bright berry flavors. This is a lush fruit-driven wine. Full-bodied, rich and seamless in texture from start to finish, it should accompany a wide range of foods and can be enjoyed before, during, and after a meal.”

46 % Merlot
39 % Cabernet Franc
15 % Syrah

Uh, specs? Composition? Vintage? Are these two of the same or 2 different wines? What AVA?

I feel like I’m pissing in the dark.

Are we to assume that both bottles are from the 2005 vintage? And what, pray tell, is the varietal makeup?

Hope the guy that is always first doesn’t go broke and that you bought the wine because you actually like it or interested!

no florida - no mill? maybe he;s more of a george washington guy

According to their website:

2005 Monticello Presidential Red Wine

Tasting Notes:
This wine opens with vibrant aromatics of fresh red berries. This theme follows through to the palate, where I find bright berry flavors. This is a lush fruit-driven wine. Full-bodied, rich and seamless in texture from start to finish, it should accompany a wide range of foods and can be enjoyed before, during, and after a meal.

Blend
46 % Merlot
39 % Cabernet Franc
15 % Syrah

Thanks Andyduncan…I was wondering what made up the composition of this wine!

Ditto.

I found the wine on the vineyard’s website and it sells for $30 per bottle but no info.

Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 40.983s

Last wooter to woot: Krugsters

Giving it a go.
Available for labrattage on this one WD. :slight_smile:

Seems like a good deal in terms of price and it being rather obscure, but I’m not crazy about Merlot or CF, so my wallet is safe this week unless we get some outstanding rattage.

I have too much red anyway. Maybe I should crack some open. The night is still young!

just wine that is red!

This wine goes for $200?! That can’t be correct.