Montinore Estate Willamette Valley Trio

What?? Are you doing to me?? Proper blame?? LOWEEEL … I need yo

Woot off! In deference to the fabulous turn of luck this week, I promise not to press charges, Madwine!

No worries!! I’ve got LOWEEEEL on my side, thank you very much! Do what you need to do and we’ll hit you w/ a storm, right, Loweeel? Oh, I’m laughing so hard right now:)

Sorry J, unless she served you when you were visibly intoxicated or there’s something wrong with the wine (which is why those “sue the manufacturer for the end user’s actions” gun suits get thrown out of court), you’re responsible for your own actions. She’s off the hook.

Of course, this is just a lay opinion, in no way constitutes legal advice, because I am not a lawyer and am not admitted to the bar of any state, court, locality, or administrative agency. If you want a solid legal opinion, you should consult a practicing products liability attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction :slight_smile:

See J, you don’t know who you’re messing w/.

After making Mad’s case for her? You’d be lucky to get them at DOUBLE cost, from me. I was gonna be rich, I tell ya!

Of course, first Michelle would have to sue me, so I could claim harm; but THEN I could bring my case and be set for life. The American dream!

Alas, no. Loweeel has already thrown my case out, leaving me penniless; starving; and drunk in the streets. I hope you’re happy!

C’mon J, don’t take that out on Loweeel! Be a sport! I will be when you come and sit and sip wine w/ me!

Have you tried the pinots from Coppola (not the ones from Woot) but the $15 grocery store version, silver label I think. I rather like that one. I’m curious about your (and other wine.woot member’s) opinion on that cheaper pinot.

I was just thinking it is too bad ol’ Clay will probably not be buying this wine, since that means he can’t be a labrat. Precisely because he has never hidden his general dislike of inexpensive pns, I was curious how he would respond to these. Now I will never know.

One more lab rat reporting in. I received the Montinore Estate 2006 Estate Reserve Pinot Noir and upon arrival it was placed into our wine cooler at 54 degrees to rest. After dinner we opened the bottle to let breath and then slowly poured into our Pinot Riedel glass. At first it smelled like onions, but wait, that was the onions from supper…

The cherries and the oak were there, has a sweet start and not a lot of tannin. Very astringent when inhaled. Between the three of us we finished the bottle and it left us wanting more. GOOD thing I have a box coming in the next few days.

We truly enjoyed this bottle of wine and hope others do also.

WOOT — Keep the Pinots coming and how about trying some of the wines from the Santa Barbara area. Thanks for letting me be a lab rat and hope to do it again sometime in the future

Well, I suppose that might make up things. I would love to try the 2004 Seredipity; had a Shiraz-Viognier at the NOVA wine tasting, and I really liked it; wonder how this wine compares.

Make take was that it was decent for the price, but a pretty weak effort for a Pinot Noir. I found I had to practically guzzle the bottle if I wanted the last glass to have any nose left and the flavor seemed to depart within 90 minutes, too. Due to the higher Pinot Price Point, I expect a $14 Pinot to be about as ‘good’ as a $7 Cab, Syrah, Zin, etc.

the variety of taste preferences and wineries’ style make it challengeing and fun to any consensus with pinots. whereas many reds (and whites) fall into an almost linerar spectrum of essentially how well the winemaker obtained the body, nose, and taste within a certain profile, these expressions can be all over the map with pinot noirs.

that’s why the tasting notes are interesting to round out some basic parameters (just like they flesh out raw scores). if there is a pattern of notes indicating the pn is earthy/tar/mushroom (which gives the central cal pn too much credit) as opposed to notes of cherry/bramble, then it’s helpful to discern how that particular pn expresses itself. still, there were a many different views on the central cal pn-to us it had no redeeming characteristics and was beyond a mouldering fungus in a deep forest-not even for using in a sauce.

The M word doesn’t exist anyway, it’s a fabrication by the government against honest, God fearing, hard working Italians.

Montinore Estate Willamette Valley Trio
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: captrobert
Speed to first woot: 0m 13.720s

Last wooter to woot: JesseM3

I invoked “friend in New York who will let me ship it to his apartment” and pulled the trigger. I couldn’t resist an Oregon Pinot Noir.

Hmmm … suspicious response, this one.

It might be wisest to forget this conversation ever happened, capisci?

Are there any decent pn’s out there for under $20 a bottle?
In deference to this winemaker, could someone post some reccomendations on the cyber pub?

Ok, so my second bottle was MILES away from my first (which has convinced me that yes, indeed, I did get a bad bottle). So here are my updated tasting notes for the Estate Reserve Pinot. Please be kind - this is my first attempt at discussing what I taste in the wine…

I opened the bottle at about 6:30 upon arriving home from work. I poured a bit to taste prior to decanting. It didn’t smell too different from bottle 1, but it did taste different - no strong tart taste. Even out of the bottle, it was smooth and velvety.

After I had let it decant for 30 minutes I tried more. It opened up well - there were definite berry flavors and some earthier notes that what I expected. The first thing that came to my head was “subtle.” This wine is not overpowering, light on tannins and has a wonderful mouthfeel - very smooth and soft. I did rather enjoy it, but it was not quite what I was expecting. To be fair, it has been awhile since I have had a Pinot - my preferences as of late have been Syrah and Zin. Overall, it was very good, and I would buy it again.

Ok, hope that was helpful!

Thanks Kyrka - glad the second go around was to your liking. So here’s a question to ponder, if the labrat bottle was “bad” meaning “turned” should there be an obligation to re-send another bottle? or is it the luck of the draw? discuss amongst yourselves… :wink: