Morada Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel (6)

Morada Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel 6-Pack
Sold by: AH Wines (H-G Vineyards)
$54.99 $123.00 55% off List Price
2013 Old Vine Zinfandel, Lodi

Previous offers:
9/26/15
3/22/16

I bought a 6-pack on the 9/26/15 offer, and haven’t found it painful to drink. It tastes a little sweet, and has an unctuous mouth feel, a little bit like a port. Although the offers say 13.5%, the back labels say 14.0%, and it wouldn’t surprise me to find it was a bit higher than that-- it has that taste of a well-ripened, high alcohol, old vine zin, with a pleasant taste that lingers. I like port, so I find this pretty easy drinking, nice to sip. I just opened my last bottle, and I think it’s improved a bit with age. In for one.

As I was composing this note, I thought I heard a call from the wine to be paired with some soft blue cheese. Being obedient, I answered the call, and the combination worked. Okay, it’s not a nice porto, but it’s a small fraction of the price of one, and worked well with some French blue I had in the fridge. Works for me.{S}

Oops, not in for one. Illinois is not a favored state this time around. Oh, well, my cellar is overflowing anyhow…

Reviewing my note in CT for this wine makes me think I had too much of it… :frowning: I need to proof read.

That said I really didn’t think this was any good.