Moravian Cookie preparation photos

The missus is shaking her head yes. Softer butter.

She’s trying to sleep

Oops. Didn’t fully read this. Be careful microwaving. You’ll cook the yolk.

It’s getting late, not sure I can stay up for the results.

Ok. A little at a time. It’s looking better. I hope I don’t cook the yolk.

Thanks for your help on the butter moles missus! You saved my cookies! Get some sleep.

The key here is to mix the room temp butter & sugar together with mixer until fluffy.

It may still work, for I’m not sure…

Oogie says “Yipee, now I can sleep good”

I might have to try again Sunday. Learning from you all.

After microwaving for 30 secs, then 30secs more, then 1 min more (for a total of two minutes).

I’m at the office doing this. I’m headed home to roll out the dough.

If these turn out poorly I’ll try again with softer butter properly creamed.

I hope Mayvn checks in here, she’s a super cookie maker. I believe she was contemplating opening a bakery at one time.

Embarrassing, she’ll take one look at my butter photo and tell me that it isn’t creamed.

So, what do you do if the butter never gets warm enough? I keep my house at about 65 in the winter. Can you just melt it?

I think melted butter wouldn’t work for creaming. It would probably be better to just soften it. You could put it in a double boiler to heat it gently just enough.

Edit: And that’s probably exactly what I should have done for this recipe. Maybe you should try it on Sunday. :slight_smile:

Edit again: I’m almost done washing up and ready to head home to roll out some dough. I hope my rolling pin rings were delivered.

One More Edit: I just checked Amazon order status and even though my order was set to be delivered today it wasn’t. Lame. I may not be rolling any dough tonight. My cookie cutter did arrive though.

Armpit?

After playing tennis…

65 degree butter is just fine.
Leave it out overnite to warm up.
Don’t let your cat eat it.
When you blend with sugar, beat the crap outta it, until kinda fluffy…
Don’t nuke the butter to warm it!

That’s kinda what the missus said too. But since he was trying to salvage the mess he had, I didn’t post that. That would be good for a reboot.
I’ve heard her enough in the kitchen “crap crap crap crap crap” to know she can fix things. But, I do get her mistakes.

Okay. Her alarm goes off in 4 1/2 hours, maybe I should get some sleep before then.