MORE APP PROBLEMS

I don’t know enough to know whether or not everything is working the way they should be.

Wait… I don’t use the app. That way things can’t get screwed up for me.

3 Likes

Samsung Galaxy Sky Pro SM-S727VL
Android 6.0.1
woot version 4.3.0

Thank you. Let me ask around to see if we can figure out what’s going on.

2 Likes

CTO. Ever heard of one? I think they can solve all of these problems

2 Likes

Hi. Me again. They’re looking at some issues with Android this morning. Hang tight.

1 Like

i’ve been purging apps. i know my phone’s not the most powerful thing. and seems like there are more and more auto-installed “helpers” and sites i don’t need or use sucking up memory. i did get the app to run a bit today, but not feeling great about it. has always run a little slow, some days more than others. but the crashing is new the past week or so.

• Woot’s app makes old phones crash.
  • Woot sells new phones.

Coincidence?

4 Likes

Well, we sell mostly refurbished S&D phones, but I get where you’re coming from.

3 Likes

It gets better.

Woot sells scratch and dent phones that are already half broken

2 Likes

what qualifies as “old”?

The problem I’ve been having is if I go to the forum and click a link to an item, then go back to the forum using the back button the whole app freezes. I can scroll but no buttons work, etc. I have to restart every time this happens. Not a huge deal but figured I’d mention it in case it’s a bug that needs to be squashed.

Phone is fully updated Samsung S10 5G model on VZ Network

2 Likes

This has been the case for me for so long I’ve accepted it as a feature. At least the better part of a year, maybe as long as I’ve had the app? Oops :stuck_out_tongue:

(Welcome to TT’s Unhappiness Hour. Please use a coaster under your aspirin scent flavored cups. )

4 Likes

Same thing happens to me too. Really annoying

Why do the forums look all whited out?? Just started recently. @mydearWootson are you seeing the same thing?

Are you talking about the thread titles?

1 Like

Yes. Do you see how the green is now only on the edge of my picture? The titles have a white background now. It used to be green

I use the dark theme and the forums still look the same on Android. Did you switch your theme?

1 Like

Nope. I’m on Apple and that seems to be where the weirdest problems that seem to only effect me and @mydearWootson happen

1 Like

Can you check your theme in settings at least?

1 Like

It’s in standard mode.