Most annoying house pests?

2 Likes

I also noticed that they spelled cockroaches wrong. I despise roaches, but I like the picture with the coke can.:joy:

1 Like

All. Every last critter that is not supposed to be living in my house. Including my adult daughter.

6 Likes

FLIES!!! and no_see’ums!! (Teeniny lil gnats!!)

2 Likes

I once heard a exterminator say the hardest thing to get rid of in a house is :ant::ant:. They’re in the walls and they stay in your bathroom all summer long. :roll_eyes:. I will build a house and have concrete walls. That’ll show em!

3 Likes

7 Likes

The kind that can’t spell.

1 Like

E - all of the above if the spiders are venomous.

1 Like

Cats.

Termites.

Carpenter ants.

But mostly cats.

2 Likes

Cats keep most pests in check. Are you a pest?

3 Likes

Children

1 Like

Bean eaters

1 Like

I SEEeee… - undressing time trials starting NOW!

2 Likes

This is a centipede here in the SW.

We also get the darker headed ones they can be huge. The red headed ones usually top off at 6-8" The darker headed ones can be enormous. I had one stick it’s head into my bathroom. There was a small gap that I hadn’t sealed yet that shared the hot water heater cabinet. It took one look at me, and I at it, and we both noped out. It’s antennae must’ve been 4-5" across and the head was deep shape of purple that was at least an inch wide. This is a prehistoric creature looking for water or smells death somewhere. NOPE.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for a good picture of one of the huge centipedes which are about the shape and size of a cigar (literally). A young little one will still be the size of your index finger…

Centipede or Millipede? Centipedes are flat, Millipedes are more round.

1 Like

2 Likes

Uh…no.

Just no.

4 Likes

Good catch, useful distinction. Round, very cylindrical. A little flat on the footsie-side, half-spherical at the head and tail end. They must have sense organs on one end, they prefer to go in one direction. If you poke one (or when it dies - they seem to dehydrate easily) it curls up in a spiral with its little footsies inside the spiral.

1 Like

I want add carpet beetles to the list. So many varieties that a pic wouldn’t really help. If you see fuzzy wriggling things near pet food…DOOM. Big larvae but tiny flying bugs that love cardboard and sponges.

Fuzzy bastards.

3 Likes