Most annoying house pests?

A rollie pollie? A pill bug? Seriously the size of a finger?
If you are actually talking about a millipede, they are not native to North America.

Sleep easy.

4 Likes

Florida always has felt like a foreign country (a Santa’s sleigh on the roof, peeking thru palm fronds)… your picture is a bit small, and too colorful; the many examples I remember are much more muted – probably just as well, the brightly colored ones usually evolve those colors either because they are poisonous or because they taste incredibly infamously disgusting, enough to protect their family to the sixth generation - “yeah, Aunt Ethel took one nibble and everybody on our block threw up”…

1 Like

I grew up in FL, St. Pete, but I never saw or heard of millipedes there. I was a crazy, bug and critter catching kid too. Are they an introduced, invasive thing now? And yeah most, if not all, millipedes are toxic. Some animals use them to repel bugs or eat them to get rid of parasites. Thinking Lemurs in Madagascar just chomping down on them like candy bars.

2 Likes

Research into toxins for pain relief. Volunteers?

1 Like

7 Tips on Carpet Beetle Removal | The Bug Man.

Knots…hard to catch. Now I just spray them with Windex to stop their flight

1 Like

?

Maxim Knot GIF by Teufelberger

2 Likes

Oh horrors, not knots.
You meant gnats Nat…

2 Likes

I see creatures which look amazingly like your description, completely black. Hard outer body, like a roly-poly on steroids, soft legs/feet but 3 to 5 inches long & 1/2 inch or so across… Medium fast moving. Same pest?
Never touched one; I always place something low-profile in its one-directional path for it to walk inside and trap itself (paper cup, plastic bag, etc.) Container sealed, out it goes.
I don’t know what they are, but they annoy me more than any other house pest because they scare the beejeebers outta me. I always feel like one of those tiny footsies is really a raised hand, waving at me as it grins & crawls by.

2 Likes

I swear, at first glance I’m thinking “I didn’t know you could do that with a snake…”

3 Likes

Two snakes having a moment should be properly left alone.

2 Likes

Whereas three snakes having a moment should be photographed for posterity.
(And also left alone.)

2 Likes

Then my renter’s cat is a lazy piece of work, because it doesn’t keep anything in check.

I’ll take the camel cricket.

1 Like