Motor Trend Work Lights and Jumper Cables

Anyone else order the work lights and not yet receive them? I ordered them with other items on the same day. All other items were received fine.

Woot posted a tracking number for the light indicating to be shipped by fed ex. The tracking indicates that only shipping info was received, and not that the item was actually shipped.

Tried customer service and got a reply indicating they were essentially swamped and too busy to respond to my question about shipping. They indicated the would get back to me in a week (that was 10 days ago).

I did get an email on the 24th again indicating it shipped, but fed ex still shows that it still was not received for shipment.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

@97camaro: Our items ship from different places. The other items you bought shipped out of an Amazon warehouse (our inventory) so they ship faster.

These work lights are shipping directly from the vendor and that takes a bit longer to process. The tracking number is created when the label is printed.

Let’s give it a couple more days what with the holiday closures - some companies closed more than just the one day. Appreciate your patience. (FYI: I’m sending an email asking as well.)

TIP: You can look at the shipping info on the sale to see when things will process to ship out.