Motorola 802.11g Enhanced Networking Set

I would have snatched one of these if I hadn’t just bought a WRT54GS from newegg.

Can’t really use, but trying to think of someone who can. Very decent WOOT, considering the price. Maybe we are on a roll?

Not a bad woot but I already have everything wireless.

Got yours?
Referral link to free crap deleted.
**(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST) Read the rules. **

fully supported by OpenWrt firmware which makes it pretty much perfect router.
basic linux knowledge needed.

very good price

Check this out

Darn, I cannot buy this for several hours now. Need one for my computer really bad!!! Think it will run out quick? I hope not! It’s a really good deal! The only better price was used on ebay! ($28+shipping)

Ugh, no way. If it were B I would get it, but not G, nuh uh.

…Sorry, I had to take a jab at all the B hatas who fill up the Linksys card woots.

If only this had come out two weeks ago, just bought an 802.11g router :frowning:

I appreciate your honesty woot (in your product description)

a friend of mine bought this router from a military store for about 20bucks and what we’re getting on woot is this router plus the notebook card which alone would cost another 20-40bucks depending on which type/one you buy and you’re getting a PCI network card which you could use on an old machine that didn’t come with built-in network support or fleabay it…

Overall, It’s a pretty neat kit (more or less because of the bundled price)
Now, if they only gave a boc with this…:slight_smile:

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the access point to function like a bridge - i.e. to pick up an existing wireless signal and retransmit it, or to pick up a wireless signal and transmit through an ethernet connection?

I am trying to get a wireless signal from a house to an iMac in a garage. This iMac is too old to use the Airport Extreme, so it only has an anemic Airport card (802.11b) and because of the Apple hardware monopoly, there are no other options. If I had an 802.11g bridge I would have more range.

I’ve been stuck in the past with my .11b forever, I think this is a perfect time to upgrade. I’m in for 1!

(My first woot too!!)

Are these three items all packaged together? Or is this a “bundle” woot has put together? I could use these as seperate presents for different people but it dosnt do much for me as a single package.

Cool site! Just found you. I work at Best Buy and a customer told me about your site. Thanks Mr. Customer!

The setup on this thing is real easy, I picked up this exact set on clearance from radio shack in May for like $50. So for this price it’s a nice deal.

what is this thing?

This router does have a 10/100 WAN port, which should allow full cable/fios speeds. I have 15/2 Mbit service and the router i have now is capping be at ~9Mbits.

Gonna jump on this woot after a few more reviews

http://www.woot.com/Forums//emoticons/emotion-21.gif

Yes, but will it work with sattelite internet ?service

I don’t think this router will. Motorola has a wireless bridge “gaming adapter” that works with Macs. It requires a Windows machine for setup, then your Mac will work just fine.

Overall this is a good woot! I’ve had excellent results with Motorola wireless networking products. If I didn’t already have a stash of various Motorola WIFI gear, I’d jump on it!

i read the fq and all, but i still dont see what openwrt firmware is good for?

Nice Woot! best price i found was $60 for the set at Radio Shack (IN STORE ONLY)