Motorola 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Wecome to the Woot-off item #22 topic page for this product on Friday, May 6th, 2005. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here…

Today&rsquo;s item quantity: 200<br>Last Order time: 02:40:24 PM CDT<br>Woot Member to blame: stubers<br>Order Pace: 0m 4.92s<br>Woot Wage: $10968.29 an hour.

Today&rsquo;s item quantity: 200<br>Last Order time: 02:40:24 PM CDT<br>Woot Member to blame: canadiancake<br>Order Pace: 0m 4.92s<br>Woot Wage: $10968.29 an hour.

Yahoo! Got two!

I got one too!

Now hopefully I can jump on my neighbors network unnoticed :twisted:

I’ve been needing this for a while. Thanks Woot!!

Motorola 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter
Wires are for wusses. Alliteration is where it’s at.
$14.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Wireless networking is easier than ever with this USB adapter — simply plug it right into any available USB port on your desktop or laptop PC.

This next-generation USB Adapter helps you enjoy all the benefits and conveniences of wireless networking. With your 802.11g or 802.11b wireless home or small office network, multiple users can share a single broadband connection, files, a printer and more. (They can enjoy the excitement of real-time online gaming too!) And the best part is, it installs in just seconds.

The USB Adapter is the easiest way to expand your network to include desktops and laptops located in hard-to-reach areas — without running a single wire or cable. Simply plug one adapter into any available USB port on each desktop or laptop you want to connect to your wireless network.

Get the power of 802.11g wireless networking the easy way: with the convenient, easy to install Motorola WU830G Wireless USB Adapter.

Features:
Single USB 2.0 connection
Supports up 128-bit WEP encryption
Client device that supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP operating systems
802.11g wireless networking
Supports high-speed 2.4 GHz data rates up to 54 Mbs
Retrieves data up to 5 times faster than 802.11b networking
Automatically detects available wireless networks
Backwards compatible with 802.11b access devices

mystery picture

Whiner’s list

mac daddy
Total -

[size=18:df3a0a305c]Thanks mac daddy1!!! :smiley: [/size:df3a0a305c]

-billflu.com

Damn, thought it was a router and found out it wasn’t after I bought it. That is waht happens in the excitement of a woot-off when you are trying to do it quietly at work. If anyone needs one, I will sell it for my purchase price…let me know!

I’m interested in it … iris_samson at cox.net

WOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOODDDDDDDD

More deals, go to http://www.dealstudio.com

I checked my ‘Got Woot’ tab, and haven’t seen this ship yet. Just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat.

==========================
I get paid to surf. Do you?
at Studio Traffic

I haven’t seen this or my other two Woot-off items ship yet, but in the past I’ve received items before they show them to be shipped. I’ve seen that some people have started to get their items from last Friday/Saturday as soon as yesterday, so they seem to be getting them out pretty quickly (especially considering they sold about 12,000 items according to one post).

Cheers,
MG

I haven’t seen this one shipped yet (no tracking number), but my other items I ordered look like they will be here today.

I haven’t received any indication that the 3 things I purchased during the woot off have been shipped yet. I would imagine I will get the email in the next day or two though.

Product does not work as advertised.
States that you can simply plug it into your computer to load your router data and then plug into your XBOX for seamless connection to the Internet since there are no drivers.

Do not believe it!

I am fairly tech savvy and have set up my own home network and after 45 minute wait for the Moto tech support, I worked with him for an hour and a half and he finally gave up saying it must be the XBOX. Problem is, the XBOX works fine with the linksys adaptor.

Thsi was my first purchase from Woot and am entirely dis-satisfied with this product. I hope / assume I can return it?? Hope so.

[quote user=“herojay”]Product does not work as advertised.
States that you can simply plug it into your computer to load your router data and then plug into your XBOX for seamless connection to the Internet since there are no drivers.

Do not believe it!

I am fairly tech savvy and have set up my own home network and after 45 minute wait for the Moto tech support, I worked with him for an hour and a half and he finally gave up saying it must be the XBOX. Problem is, the XBOX works fine with the linksys adaptor.

Thsi was my first purchase from Woot and am entirely dis-satisfied with this product. I hope / assume I can return it?? Hope so.[/quote]

I haven’t seen anywhere anyone makes such a claim for the WU830G

I think you may be confusing it with the Woot description of an entirely different Motorola product, the WE800G. Perhaps because that product was packaged with a ‘free’ one of these.

Well oboob,

You should first correctly identify the product. The product is a WE800G wireless Ethernet Bridge. I am not speaking of the adaptor which connects to a USB2.0 device.
Here is the marketing material right off of Motorola’s website"
With Motorola’s Wireless Ethernet Bridge, the WE800G, any Ethernet-equipped hardware can join a wireless home or small office network. That’s desktops, printers, peripherals, game consoles… anything with an Ethernet port.

Notice the part about game consoles.

So, want to try again?!

I’m the one that worked with the Moto Tech support and I guess he and I could have figured out which device we were referring to.

Jay

[quote user=“herojay”]Well oboob,

You should first correctly identify the product. The product is a WE800G wireless Ethernet Bridge. I am not speaking of the adaptor which connects to a USB2.0 device.
Here is the marketing material right off of Motorola’s website"
With Motorola’s Wireless Ethernet Bridge, the WE800G, any Ethernet-equipped hardware can join a wireless home or small office network. That’s desktops, printers, peripherals, game consoles… anything with an Ethernet port.

Notice the part about game consoles.

So, want to try again?!

I’m the one that worked with the Moto Tech support and I guess he and I could have figured out which device we were referring to.

Jay[/quote]

He doesn’t have to try again, but you could try again. That is, try to post in the correct forum topic. This forum topic is regarding the WE830G USB 2.0 wireless adapter. Your post might be correct in the other forum topic regarding the WE800G wireless ethernet bridge. It is not correct in this one.