Motorola 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

[quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“herojay”]
Well oboob,
You should first correctly identify the product. The product is a WE800G wireless Ethernet Bridge. I am not speaking of the adaptor which connects to a USB2.0 device.
Here is the marketing material right off of Motorola’s website"
With Motorola’s Wireless Ethernet Bridge, the WE800G, any Ethernet-equipped hardware can join a wireless home or small office network. That’s desktops, printers, peripherals, game consoles… anything with an Ethernet port.

Notice the part about game consoles.

So, want to try again?!

I’m the one that worked with the Moto Tech support and I guess he and I could have figured out which device we were referring to.

Jay[/quote]

He doesn’t have to try again, but you could try again. That is, try to post in the correct forum topic. This forum topic is regarding the WE830G USB 2.0 wireless adapter. Your post might be correct in the other forum topic regarding the WE800G wireless ethernet bridge. It is not correct in this one.[/quote]

:oops: uh huh :[url]http://forum.woot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=356&highlight=[/url]

“oboob”? Not nice.

[quote user=“herojay”]Well oboob,

You should first correctly identify the product.[/quote]
Well, it’s quite apparent that someone should.
Probably should have before resorting to childish insults, too.
so . . . what does it say at the top of this forum page in your browser?

[quote user=“obob”][quote user=“herojay”]Well oboob,

You should first correctly identify the product.[/quote]
Well, it’s quite apparent that someone should.
Probably should have before resorting to childish insults, too.
so . . . what does it say at the top of this forum page in your browser?[/quote]

Someone, suddenly got very quiet. :wink:

Has this shipped for anyone yet?

Also, does anyone else have something going on with the “Previous Orders” option appearing and disappearing from day to day on the “got woot?” page?

Mine says that the order data was transmitted to FedEx and that it should be delivered by the May 18th.

Haven’t had any problems with the got woot page though.

Thanks for the reply. Since you never had any problems, I figured it might be my browser. I tried it again from IE and, sure enough, it worked. Mine is showing as shipped now too.

(In case anyone’s interested, the other browser I am using, which did not work for the “Previous Orders” link, is Opera 8.0 with adfilter enabled and Shane Monroe’s default filter.ini file downloaded.)

Got mine!..

Now I gotta set up the router to allow it so I can let my boy have the Net in his room for summer break.

ok, got mine today… installed and “sees” it fine, sees other networks… It cant get an IP address, so it doesnt conect to the net… what am I doing wrong? :oops:

My network uses 10 digit ?64bit? wep encrypt… put in the ssid, the encrypt key… dunno??

Any thoughts?

Got mine. Anybody take it apart yet and see what is inside?

I’m betting there is a wifi PC-card and a usb PC-card adapter inside.

damn, no screws on this thing. Where is my dremel… :twisted:

[quote user=“SWMRN”]ok, got mine today… installed and “sees” it fine, sees other networks… It cant get an IP address, so it doesnt conect to the net… what am I doing wrong? :oops:

My network uses 10 digit ?64bit? wep encrypt… put in the ssid, the encrypt key… dunno??

Any thoughts?[/quote]

maybe try getting the latest drivers and firmware here

I just installed mine w/ the smaller driver set from the motorola site listed above (the 380k drivers, not the bloaty 14mb dirvers)

Works great.

something else interesting about this unit -

It uses an envara wind502 chip, which is capable of dual band “a” and “b/g” networks.

I’m looking around for drivers that will support dual-band. I have discovered that the asus WL-160g drivers are the same, but with tweaks in the .inf file (and different USB VID/PIDs of course)

it may need an external antenna to support “a”, and of course there is no external jack for one. I’ll crack it open later and see if there is an antenna input on the PCB or whatever is inside of there.

This is the only entry on the FedEx tracking page as of 5/24 - 8:00 EDT:

May 15, 2005 11:22 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx CARROLLTON, TX

Things are moving a little slow on this order.

:cry: :frowning: :?:

[quote user=“ArtWorksMetals”]This is the only entry on the FedEx tracking page as of 5/24 - 8:00 EDT:

:cry: :frowning: :?:[/quote]

not sure if you e-mailed service or not- but i have alerted them to your order… don’t worry-- we’ll get it all taken care of :slight_smile:

:?
Will I get an email with an acksplanation or apology?
:?:
Will GC personally deliver it?
:shock:
Do I get a free Chef Salad?

Despite easily getting it to work with windows XP (only through XP’s wireless config util), I cannot get it to work at all under windows 2000 with motorola’s config tool.

Anyone get the thing to work with win2k at all? In the config utility it sees the available networks but it refuses even to try to connect to any of them. The log on my AP shows it not even trying to connect. Oh and half the time one of the driver services crashes with a nasty error at startup.

since this was my intended use for it, it looks like I am 0/2 with woot as far as devices actually working. :frowning:

(the other failure was a $5 webcam that won’t work with XPsp2)

I guess this is why this crap is on woot in the first place :smiley:

[quote user=“eamwrk”][quote user=“ArtWorksMetals”]This is the only entry on the FedEx tracking page as of 5/24 - 8:00 EDT:

not sure if you e-mailed service or not- but i have alerted them to your order… don’t worry-- we’ll get it all taken care of :)[/quote]

still no word from the Ministry of Silly Walks

[quote user=“eamwrk”][quote user=“ArtWorksMetals”]This is the only entry on the FedEx tracking page as of 5/24 - 8:00 EDT:

not sure if you e-mailed service or not- but i have alerted them to your order… don’t worry-- we’ll get it all taken care of :)[/quote]

I emailed Service, they didn’t know what I was talking about, so whoever you alerted wasn’t alert about it. I emailed back, pointing out the lack of motion of my package for over 2 weeks, according to the Fedex tracking #.
So what did I get in reply???

Wait for it … The Fedex tracking #.

[quote user=“ArtWorksMetals”][quote user=“eamwrk”][quote user=“ArtWorksMetals”]This is the only entry on the FedEx tracking page as of 5/24 - 8:00 EDT:

I emailed Service, they didn’t know what I was talking about, so whoever you alerted wasn’t alert about it. I emailed back, pointing out the lack of motion of my package for over 2 weeks, according to the Fedex tracking #.
So what did I get in reply???

Wait for it … The Fedex tracking #.[/quote]

i am so sorry… can you send the e-mail conversation to me directly at eamwrk@woot.com?

edit-- service sent you the NEW tracking info… that one is moving
Estimated delivery date
Jun 3, 2005

eamwrk said (in an email):

Service meant to s end you the new tracking info, they may have gotten mixed up:
Sorry for the confusion

:slight_smile: Everyone makes a mistake. Life goes on. Thanks.