Motorola IMFree Wireless Messenger Bundle

I don’t see the need in this. You have a phone, computer, blackbery… This might be the most useless thing ever offered. Plus, after what happen to the girl who went to Jordon. Keep you kids off MY SPACE and monitor their AIM! Don’t pass laws or blame the internet. Your kids, your responsibility–PERIOD!

I have one from before but I gave it to my brother.
It’s pretty useful if you are in bed and don’t have a laptop or anything like that.
I used it in my dorm because I was on the top bunk and didn’t want to get down to answer every single IM I received.

Someone from Motorola should lose their job for thinking of this thing. Are you serious?

I gave this to a 16 year old and they love it! The price is good.

Whoever the buyer is for Woot! should be shot! This is so outdate its funny…why don’t they try to sell some Atari 2600’s along with it.

Reviews at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009LI6N/104-5032246-9650307?v=glance&n=172282

no, no, no… its so you can actually use AIM but not hog the computer, not to AIM other people in the house.

seems kinda pointless. but i could see a use if you had kids and thats all they took up the PC for

this is a great woot…

compare prices at

SecretPrices.com $19.99 for one

Froogle $29. for three is the lowest price.

Sidekick 3 is coming out in about 2 weeks. Then again it’s not going to be 25 bucks. shrugs

edit: Make that coming out in 2 weeks supposedly…

The title couldn’t have said it better. POS!!!

Ok i’ll admint buying the froggie k/b set. But noway in hell would anyone need or have a use for this in this day and age. UNLESS your crapper is under 150 ft from your comp and you’d use the anti-christ (AOL) to chat.

WOOT you didn’t catch my sleep deprived drunin’ a** this time =)

http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=GDT

They have it listed here for one. Which woot trumps with three. But as nice and cheap as it is…it really serves no purpose. None that I can see alteast. Maybe for work purposes where that could take the place of cell phones to you can save on minutes.

I have a friend that has a little sister that had one of these - I remember sitting there and playing with it.

No, it doesn’t work everywhere - it only works up to 150 feet from the one work base thats included in this bundle.

Here’s the deal with the product- the screen is small and can show three or four lines if memory serves me correctly - monocolor. Since most messages sent in aim is short this is fine. It’s hard to type unless you’re a master thumb typer so you’ll be slow in typing on it, and it’s just inconvienently hard to check your buddy list or other things. If you have some preteens that simply can’t be away from their AIM for a couple of minutes and you only have one computer and no laptop, then this is for you. Otherwise- stick with the laptop or don’t bother.

Let me see if I understood correctly, these…things can comunicate with each other UP to 150ft’ !?? wow! correct? so then what is their purpose?? can people just talk to each other from that far away!!! night!

Some Linkage:

Google Link: Starter Kit: $29.99 for Starter kit with Base & $9.99 for Eash additional Handheld

Amazon Link: 3 Handhelds plus Base: $39.99

Manufacturer’s Link!

MSNBC Review

I was wondering this myself…

How does it keep your PC free for more mature things, if you still need to be running AIM on it. I guess I’m not exactly sure of its usefulness. I was thinking maybe have one in the kitchen, for when I’m thirsty I can text the person in the kitchen and request a beverage. I could also use intercom on the telephone. Hmm…why were these even made?

i’m going to buy one of these to… wait for it… make it so i can have a computer im me what the days woot is :smiley:

I stayed up for this mess…what the heck are cellphones for or laptops.or blackberry…duh

This is certainly for some people, I don’t know who you are but… Hey, at least I’m not calling it a POS. Maybe the contents of your next BOC…

Great price considering what they initially came out for. I work for Wal-Mart and we carried them for $19.9? a unit. I don’t think they even made it through one modular before they were deleted so that may be the reason for the price. For the money… it’s a good unit, but for me… I think I’ll go check out winewoot.com.