Motorola Moto 360 Smart Watch

Is this compatible with iOS? I see that Moto 360 2 is compatible.

Yes, you download Android Wear for iOS from the App Store. The Android Wear app is what connects to the Moto 360. It integrates with the iPhone, but I’ve found the experience is much better with an Android device.

Per the vendor: It is not compatible.

I’d have to disagree with the vendor. I’m currently wearing one thats connected to an iPhone 6+.

Indeed.

However, you need to have Android Wear 1.3 on the watch first, which means connect it to an Android phone first, update, and the connecting to an iPhone.

It should be clarified that this is the 1st gen Moto 360.
For people “in the know”, the processor is the give-away.
The 2nd gen Moto 360 has a Snapdragon 400 processor.

The warranty link goes to Mota’s site. I’m pretty sure these watches are not made by them.

Fixed! Good catch, thanks.

I have one of these 1st gen 360s. While I like the look of the watch, the wireless charging and the capabilities of Android Wear, there are too many drawbacks for me to ever recommend it to anyone. The processor was, notoriously, already obsolete when the product first launched, and has only gotten more sluggish as the OS has advanced. Like with most 1st gen Android watches, the battery life is sub-par. I can get maybe 15 hours out of it before it needs a recharge. The vibration motor is also really weak. I’ve missed many notifications because I simply could feel the vibration, an issue I’ve never run into with my other smartwatch (Pebble). The screen is also nearly impossible to read in daylight.

Skip this version and keep an eye open for deals on the 2nd gen Moto360, which improved the product in every way.

For the record, the infamous “flat tire” effect of the 360’s round screen was never really noticeable to me after the first 5 minutes. It really isn’t the dealbreaker so many people make it out to be.

Also newest Android wear allows you to take calls if watch has speaker and microphone. This one cannot do that.

After Amazon had the $120 deal on the second gen 360 Sport, I would wait until it comes back unless you need to get a watch ASAP.

EDIT: SPORT version.