Motorola Moto Z Play Unlocked VZW & GSM

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Motorola Moto Z Play Unlocked VZW & GSM
Price: $249.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Sep 15 to Wednesday, Sep 20) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Motorola Moto Z Play Unlocked VZW & GSM) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Motorola Moto Z Play Unlocked VZW +%26 GSM) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Motorola - Google Shopping Moto Z Play Unlocked VZW +%26 GSM)

This is my current phone and I love it. If you have questions, let me know :slight_smile:

Hmmm could be good for a 13yo with the mintsim. Ponderous.

Great phone. Currently using this as my daily driver - beating out the S7 Edge and LG V10. I’m a pretty heavy user and can easily get 2 days worth of battery life. If I need more, I just slap on the Incipio battery mod. IMO, great deal for $250.00 - especially if you don’t like being tied to a charger.

EDIT: The only drawback is the camera, especially in low-light settings.

Already pulled the trigger, so it’s somewhat moot, but what’s the warranty on these? Grabbed one for my 11 year old who’s taken very good care of my first gen Moto X as his “learner” phone. I don’t expect him to break this, but I’m a little leary with the “refurbished” status.

PS: this is my current phone as well. The only bad thing I can say is that it’s a dust Nd fingerprint magnet.

As posted on very bottom of the features tab:

Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty

Hope you love the phone as much as I do! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I looked there, but apparently didn’t look hard enough. In my defense, I haven’t had coffee yet.

Current phone.
Get it for the mods keep it for the battery life.
Moto software is still very good. Don’t expect tons of redundant apps; mostly pure android with useful shortcuts. Hope Vz didn’t mess software up with their apps to much.
SD625 is a great chip. Strong enough for most anything + sips power. Reviewers love this phone and makes a great inexpensive daily driver.
I recommend it.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with this on T-Mobile. Internet says it will work, I am suspicious though.

Motorola updates are horrible. I own their flagship phone, Moto X Pure and they promised an update for Nougat the beginning of 2017 and they still haven’t delivered. Now Oreo is out and thousands are dumping their Motorola phones.

While this is good to know for some, most of us aren’t that concerned over timely OS updates, we’re mostly concerned about security updates (or at least SHOULD be, anyway). Are you still waiting for a security update, or is that up to date?

Thank you for your time.

I never thought I’d say this about Woot’s notorious 90 day cough limited warranty (which is really not a warranty at all), but when Woot’s warranty is leaps and bounds better than the manufacturer warranty, that says something about the support level you can expect from Lenovo/Moto.

Ever since Lenovo’s acquisition of Motorola, their business model has switched to pumping out products, but providing nearly ZIP, zilch, nada in the way of customer support.

The price looks nice, and their hardware (when it performs correctly) is sweet.

Their customer support is non-existent. If you have troubles with your phone, you are essentially on your own.

My advice… run far, far away.

I can answer this question… our last security patch date in the US is dated December 1, 2016.

Buyer beware! Motorola has tethering on these phones blocked! I had one of these and it worked great (including tethering) up until it upgraded to Nougat, and then there a few security updates after. Once those were all complete the phone started querying the cell provider to see if tethering was allowed with my plan. This is inexcusable on an unlocked device!
I have never had an unlocked device query the cell provider to see if tethering was allowed.
This includes my Nexus 4, Nexus 5, S7 Edge, and S8.
I returned the phone to buy my S8.
I am on Cricket Unlimited plan.

Point of clarification - my phone was actually the Moto Z (not Play), but I suspect that this phone will behave similarly.

I just got one of these a couple weeks ago, have had at least 3 system updates in that time, and it’s running Nougat now. I had a Droid Maxx before that, and I’ve never had complaints about any of the updates.

It does have a great battery and as the Z2 Play has already been out a while, VSW confirmed they’re phasing this out. Can’t understand why everyone keeps making the batteries less powerful, so if that’s important to you, get it while you can.

Overall I’m enjoying the phone. It’s very responsive (so much that I have to be careful not to accidentally activate something or move an icon unintentionally.) I’m still getting used to the power button being below the volume buttons instead of above it, and I have a hard time controlling the volume on the alarm–goes from very soft to fairly loud with nothing in between and seems to depend on how the media volume is set.

I heard that the glass, while resistant to breaking, is still scratchable, so I put a screen protector on it, plus a hybrid case because I’m clumsy. It makes it easier to hold.

Overall, a great value.

Own the phone and great day driver. Updated recently to 7.1.1 with July security patches. On ATT fwiw. Easily 6 hours SOT between every charge. My current battery best is unplugging Friday morning and making it till Sunday night with 20% left in the tank.

Drawbacks… Sucky camera and sub par screen (only bc I’ve had several Samsung phones). SD625 can get laggy at times. I have to clear apps daily and get frustrated with high end games.

Overall this price is incredible. Great value.

“What’s a security update?” ~ Motorola

In all honesty, I had a popular Moto phone and it only got updates for the first year.

I hold in my hand (what appears to be) a brand new Moto Z I received just yesterday, after my phone was dropped at the LCD cracked last Monday. I submitted and sent off a Warranty repair on Wednesday. Customer Support/Warranty seems fine to me.

Dude! Go. Get. Your. Coffee.
!!!
Priorities. We’ll wait.