Motorola MotoNav 3.5" GPS Navigator with Text-to-Speech

I do believe it does, good sir! That and it’s a high quality GPS from the experts at Motorola…all good in my book.

According to reviews on Amazon, Motorola considers this unit “Out of Warranty” and purportedly will not be updating the firmware or maps. You get what’s inside and that’s it. Again, this is a 4th party repeating a 3rd party review from Amazon (did I get those numbers right?)

Summary of the reviews: Fine for a cheap GPS as long as you know the address of where you are going. If you are looking for an updated POI or the latest and best street maps, look elsewhere.

YouTube video

hsn video

Lol I have the same awesome unit. the evo actually has 2 navigation systems. Sprint or Google navigation.

EVO rules

“You Can Go Your Own Way” - Fleetwood Mac was my song of the day just yesterday. Coincidence? I think not…

My best friend’s dad got her a TomTom for her birthday. Why on earth.

Why does anyone buy these things any more? ANY featurephone or better produced in the past 2 years has better maps/directions/traffic than any little GPS unit can provide.

HELLO MOTO.

Here’s the manual

You can’t really beat the price. This is less than what I would have to pay to update the maps in my 2006 Garvin, but then I wonder how old the maps are in this thing and I wonder if it is as good as my Garmin. My Droid phone by google has a gps in it, which works quite well, but for $45.00 I would not mind having a dedicated gps sitting on the dash so I don’t have to deal with my droid when trying to make a call and use it as a gps at the same time. Sitting on the fence here. Will be curious what the consensus is as comments are posted.

If you hit it with a hammer you can activate the mute function.

To bring this comment back to reality… how much does all that cost per month… 'cause any GPS nav unit cost once… and not $60-$100/month.

For the price it seems to be worth it. But as a full on robust GPS the reviews make it seem like this unit is built by Oompa Loompas.

I checked Motorola’s site and in order to download the update, you have to provide a serial number and purchase date, so I’d guess the warranty is valid from the purchase date, as these things usually work.

Man, I love your humor. Whished I’ld come up with your reply.

For those wondering, a feature phone is NOT a smartphone, but a higher end basic phone, with such features as those listed above.

Garmin Garmin Garmin Garmin and oh by the way did I say GARMIN !!!

The place i work used to sell these and the tn30’s. for the price they are not bad, but personally i would relegate it to backup status.

These are some of the first GPS deviced to have land Guidance. i think we had them in store either late 2008 or early 2009.

Sprint offers the feature for no additional price. Both come with the unlimited data package.

I have:

400 minutes (land lines)
Unlimited cell phone to cell phone(any carrier)
Unlimited texting
Unlimited Data
Unlimited internet
3G and 4G coverage
Free tethering

The plan is 89 bucks a month and 10 for the mandatory 4G

the main camera is 8 megapixel and has very good flash.

The navigation feature works extremely well.
many cell carriers charge extra for navigation.

Not to insult you but Garmin’s are good for those that have not tried many units. By far my favs are Navigon and then iGo8. So many more features in both of these packages.

Okay, would it work on my bike?