Motorola SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

I have been told that Arris will exchange it out for you. I would recommend going through them first. If that doesn’t work, Please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance. Just be aware that we can’t always do an exchange. There’s weird hokus pokus involved and we have to get yours back first. That causes icky delays.

Thanks for the reply. I will take your advice to contact ARRIS, but could you please tell me the best way (telephone # and/or email address) and what do I have to show them? My Woot receipt? Or, something else? Sorry if I sound dumb and/or helpless, I am so used to seamless problem-solving when I deal with Amazon. TLDR: who do I contact Arris, and what do I show them in order to get this exchange done. Thanks

Here’s their Customer Support page. I’m not sure what they’ll need but we purchase from them directly so they should know Woot.

If you have any problems, get with Woot support.

Well, Arris said that they could replace the modem with the same model, but not with a different/more expensive model. “That is clearly Woot’s mistake, it should be a simple thing for them to exchange the 6121 for the 6141 you paid for,” said the nice man.

So, that was 20 minutes of my life wasted thanks to your little fib. I will try Woot CS. I am kind of hating Woot right now.

I have already contacted Woot CS, as mentioned in my first message. They were the ones who said that I was SOL because it had been more than 21 days since I ordered the modem. My original order number was 53784203.

Howzabout just saying “Sorry for mess up”, send the 6121 back to us at ______ address, and we will send you the 6141 you paid for"

Please? I don’t understand why you wouldn’t make this right.

Unsure as to the circumstances of your order however I’ve forwarded your post and information along to Woot Staff to help investigate.

Dear woot. Sell this for the 38th time please. I finally need one.

Ordered the SB6141 but received the SB6121 instead. Ripoff. I’ll return. My first order since Amazon took over.

I just got this in the mail today and got it activated with Comcast with no real issues.

Only issue is that the AC adapter that came packaged with it has a big hole/dent in it and not safe to plug in. I just used the old AC adapter from my SB6120.

Using the information from Speedtest.net, my speeds are a little faster.

With my old SB6120, I was getting about 125 Mbps. With this SB6141, I’m averaging 150 Mbps.

Sorry about the adapter. Be sure to contact Arris/Motorola so they can send you out a new one.