Motorola Surfboard Cable Modems

Sorry for the late reply.

Please ignore the 1st email reply you received as the circumstances surrounding this particular issue will be addressed separately.

If you are unable to find a resolve with the 2nd response please post here again and we’ll be glad to continue to help find a resolution.

Thank you for your continued patience during this matter.

I received my refurb and it’s now a doorstop, but not why you may think… Comcast came by this morning to install and said the modem is fine, but its MAC addressed was previously used with Comcast and they have a policy of not reusing MAC addresses. This is a stupid rule, but it also wouldn’t have happened with a new device. So best to either not get a refurb modem or not use Comcast! Unless customer service wants to help me, I can’t return/exchange this piece of plastic.

whe would Comcast install your modem? You can do a self install. Also Comcast is not being honest - a Mac address may be tied to a customer but obviously it no longer is in use so they should be able to redeploy it. Tell them you will move to fios and see how responsive they can get (or any other alternstive).

you’re the hero this thread needed, bless you.

I ordered this as a new product. Responded to your POOR email to cancel. No link in the email to CS. Had to login to the site and go through the menu.
Woot stated I would have until the 30th to cancel and before the modem shipped.
This morning I get an email saying the modem had shipped and here is the tracking number which shows it as being with FedEx . POOR work Woot. Look for a COD return.

Uh-oh. I’ll let the team know so we can figure out what went wrong. Just don’t open the box and refuse shipment. It will be sent back to us. You’ll be refunded once we get it back.

How about you reroute the shipment back to Woot. I may not see the delivery driver to refuse the shipment. Most of the time Fedex delivers our items to a neighboring business outside of our business hours.

Woot is such small business that no customer service at all but big enough to have such mess.
I got the same email telling me that I have until 3/27 to cancel my order but I got another email telling me the item shipped!

Comcast and TWC “have to install” your new modem:
See, a cable account that has internet on it, must have a modem “attached” to that account, and the only way to attach a modem is by linking a mac address to your account.
Having said that, a tech needs to go to your home, install the modem and update their database so that the modem will register to their database.
Where I live there are no options, just TWC… they are the best of the worst and they are a pain to deal with.
I think its stupid, I should be able to plug in my modem and call CS to tell them to update the MAC address on my modem, but no!!! bureaucracy at its finest!

I installed this modem myself, all I needed to do was phone TWC customer service. The rep got the info she needed from me, put me on hold several minutes while she contacted the department that needed to make the changes, and when she came back – voilá! My new modem was in service. No house call needed. Obviously, YMMV.

** SB6141 Update**

Well, as you probably noticed, these things already shipped. Surprise!

When you cancel your order, CS will give you a RETURN AUTHORIZATION and prepaid label to return your modem . Once we receive the modem, please allow 7-10 business days for your refund to reflect in your original payment method.

Sorry for the confusion & frustration.

Isn’t Woot owned by Amazon now?

We will be offered full refunds including shipping correct?

Yes, as long as you didn’t have another item in your cart. The shipping is $5 per order.

I bought a 6141 refurbished from Amazon but sold by Woot a few months ago. Switched over from my TWC modem and all worked well for 2 weeks. Then it would just turn off. Ended up modem was bad, not power supply. Luckily Amazon took it back even thought it was over 30 days from my purchase date. Got a full refund. I ended up buying a new one to make sure I have a longer warranty and to stay away from a refurb. Might just have been my bad luck, but maybe not…

Never mind! I just received the first cancellation email from you with instructions on the process.

While you have been very helpful,
this works IF we get a response from CS. I canceled per the instructions from last nights email. No response of any kind from CS as of yet.

I was on hold for even less time. So long $8/month on my cable bill.

Honestly, letting me avoid that charge by doing something so simple as this is a good job by Time Warner. (And a bad job by me by paying the $5.99 for over a year before I got around to buying my own.) TIme Warner also lets me avoid all of the additional box charges on my extra TVs by offering the Roku app.

Basically Woot sold me one of these modems and a couple of Rokus for a total of about $150 and I ended up saving $30 per month on my Time Warner Cable bill. Your basic five month payback, which means after a year I’m already up $200.

Don’t let Comcast misguide you. They do not have to come to your home to install a new modem. I have Comcast and installed a new Motorola modem myself (new from the mother ship), and was able to activate it with just a 10 minute phone call to Comcast internet technical services.

I bought the Motorola 6121 from Target. Took it to my mother in-laws house installed it. Called Comcast got in touch with their internet technical department. Provided all the information from the modem to Comcast, they put me on hold for about 15 minutes while they talked to their activation department. After 15 minutes they had me try the internet and it worked just fine. Don’t be fooled you don’t need TW or Comcast or whoever to install your modem, you can do it yourself then call them on the phone. My parents pretty much did the same thing but bought their modem from Amazon.

Rakuten.com has the SBG6580, also Refurbished, for just under $63 with free shipping.