Motorola SurfBoard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

Will those of us that paid $59.99 for this a few months ago be getting a refund for the price drop?

ummmm my guess would be no.

I have an old surfboard (docsys 2.0) with Comcast. Haven’t had any issues but figured I would google the EOL (end of life) for older devices…here it is:
----Comcast-------
Updated on October 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM
(Link: XFINITY | My Account | EcoBill® Online Bill Pay)

EOL basically means we will no longer install the device, either as a new or replacement device. In addition, it means we no longer recommend that customers purchase these devices, whether new or used. It is also an advance warning that the device will soon need to be replaced.

Typically, if a device is identified as EOL, it will subsequently move to end of support (EOS) status, this includes all DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 devices. This means that when a device reaches EOS status, it will no longer work on our network or be compatible with our network and/or services.

Looks like i’m in for one.

Unless I’m missing something I don’t see a telephone port anywhere on the device. Can someone confirm that it has does have a phone jack??

Anyone have experience using this up with Windows 8? I’ve had trouble with routers and such in the past…

So this is a fantastic deal, but is it compatible with Verizon FIOS service?

NEVERMIND . . . I retract my question . . . All I had to do was READ the description . . . duh - This is an “Auto-Denozo moment”

Maximum Channel Rate
DOCSIS: 131.072 Mbps (4 channels) / 32.768 Mbps (single channel): @ 128 QAM at 6.4 MHz
EuroDOCSIS: 131.072 Mbps (4 channels) / 32.768 Mbps (single channel): @ 128 QAM at 6.4 MHz

Specs are a bit off on the product page. If this is truly a 6141, this modem will bond to a max of 8 downstreams, not 4. This will enable a theoretical max of over 300 Mbps. More realistically a range of 200-250 Mbps though.

…or $6 ($5.99) here in STX-land.

I can get this modem shipped for 58.29 or the SB6121 new from Amazon for 73.13.

Is it worth getting a NIB modem that is a lesser model for $13 more? or should I go with the refurb?

The highest speed available in my area is 75/5 but I won’t be going that high as I hate my cable company and refuse to give them additional dollars.

May I have the link to that $58.29 deal if it’s not this woot you’re referring to?

Does anybody with Mediacom have any experience with this modem? Would love to get rid of the rental fee.

When I bought my own they removed the $6 rental fee and stuck me with the $3.99 “electronic usage fee.” So I was saving $2 a month until they decided my old $39 a month plan was worth $120 a month.

Now I just call and threaten to switch to AT&T every few months and they lower it back to $30.

I pulled the trigger on this one after reading on dslreports.com that this is the most-used BYOM for Mediacom.

Does this work with comcast?

He’s referring to this woot deal, after you add shipping and tax.

My apologies, I was saying that if I buy this deal from Woot it would be 58.29 including shipping and tax.

I have a SB6120 and am on comcast, would it be advisable to upgrade to this one? Or should I stick to SB6120?

I just bought one and works with Comcast. Had to call there customer support to help set it up though as the online method they had posted didn’t work in my case. It works great so far.

This has only a port for the coax in and an ethernet port for the internet out to a router or wi-fi modem. It does NOT have phone jacks. All notes about the led’s are true. It could be a reading lamp if it wasn’t constantly blinking. These refurbs come with no documentation, so you will need to find the info on the internet. My refurb has worked well since I wooted several months ago.