Motorola WA840G 802.11g Wireless Access Point

[imgleft]http://www.woot.com/Images/Sale/Motorola_WA840G_802.11g_Wireless_Access_Point-thumbnail.jpg[/imgleft]Welcome to the Motorola WA840G 802.11g Wireless Access Point topic page for Thursday, July 14, 2005. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.
Today’s item quantity: 850
Last Order time: 1:50 AM CST
Woot Member to blame: Hoohah
Order Pace: 0m 15.578s
Woot Wage: $4,619.72 an hour.

WOOTILLAC ™ - (Credit to Mac Daddy) The premiere WOOT. BOC would be considered a WOOTILLAC. The ab-tilt would be the WUGO :slight_smile:

Let’s see if tonight runs any smoother.

For price reference…

$19.99+ $5 shipping

a double first post!

$19.99+ $5 shipping

Some people ask “Wire?” We ask “Wire not?”
The National Institute of Fictional Statistics estimates that, at current rates of growth, computer networking cables will make up 41% of the Earth’s total mass by 2017. Large tangles of cable in major metropolitan centers are already visible from outer space, and their combined weight has been cited as a contributing factor in soil erosion and seismic activity. Ultimately, they predict, all human society will be oriented toward the manufacture and service of these cables, to the detriment of traditional industries such as agriculture, textiles, and LiveStrong bracelet production.

But there is something you can do. This Motorola WA840G 802.11g Wireless Access Point should be in every home, business, and home business that uses a computer network. It provides data-transfer rates up to 54 Mbps(11), up to 5 times faster than 802.11b networking, so you can effortlessly share those superhero movie trailers and Beatles/Jay-Z mashups with every user on your network. Geek jargon alert: the WA840G also boasts WEP and WPA encryption, and it works as an access point, client Bridge, and in ad-hoc mode like a router possessed.

The clock is ticking, but it’s not too late to avert the network-cable catastrophe that some call “Wiremageddon.” Network simply so that others may simply network, or our descendents will survey their wire-strangled world and curse our blind hubris.
Highlighted Features

* Supports data rates up to 54 Mbps(11) – that’s up to 5 times faster than 802.11b networking
* Includes 802.11g wireless technology
* Installation Wizard makes networking simple
* 10/100Base-T Ethernet (Wide Area Network – WAN) port to connect a broadband modem (cable, DSL or other)
* Ability to provide enough coverage to wirelessly connect everyone in your home
* Users are free to roam almost anywhere up to 328 feet inside the home and up to 1312 feet outside
* Backward compatible with 802.11b devices
* Room to expand and add users and peripherals
* Supports 3 different modes of operation: Wireless Distribution System (WDS), Client Bridge, and Ad-Hoc mode
* The WDS mode allows peer to peer communication with up to 4 other 802.11g wireless access points or wireless broadband routers
* Get into real-time online interactive gaming
* Dual antenna design with one external detachable antenna for enhanced wireless performance

Security Features

* Firewall security features include:
* WiFi® Protected Access (WPA) with Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) or Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
* Legacy 64-bit and 128-bit Wired Equivalency Privacy (WEP) encryption
* 802.1X access control

In the Box:

* Wireless Access Point
* Power Adapter and cord
* Ethernet Cable
* Quick Start Guide
* CD-ROM containing Installation Wizard and
* User Guide

Whiner’s List

emc3 - 1
Kimo - 1
beagleboy99 - 1
robul - 1
mac daddy - 1
Total - 5

Phew!

Even Peteromans11 couldn’t get in here until 1:25 in the morning!

Actually I think that if temporarily postponing forum activity speeds up the servers for the sale page, it wouldn’t be a bad idea! We all want to know what the heck is up for the evening/morning and don’t necessarily NEED to post right away. Except for some persistent (not saying that’s a bad thing) people that is.

But it would be nice to see some speakers again eh? Don’t need a wireless adapter, unless it works for my Xbox! =)

Looks good to me, count me in for one and the first page please!

Good night all!

Not too shabby. WooT! First page too! Massive server lag still not alleviated in the new change either but we’re getting closer, eh? :slight_smile:
And, for the love of low price crapola, WHERE IS THE BOC?!?!

WOW…guess things are gonna get worse while y’all work to make them get better!

There have been noticable improvements each day, regarding use of the forum, but wth is going on @ woot time? I want to see the item/front page! Patience, I know…but I don’t have much at 1a.m.!!!

For practical purposes, with the lag time to access the front page, Woot-time is now 1:25a.m. for eastcoasters!

looks like a good woot

Funny looking bag.
BAN the COOKIES!!!

This is getting worse.

Good deal on the access point but they sold an 802.11g router/access point for the same price a while ago.

Woot! 2.0 is about as fast and stable as AOL.

Yes it just keeps gettin better n better.

anyone who’s even thinking of it be warned!

the previous Motorola wireless bridge (WE800G) had the ridiculous (and unstated) limitation of working ONLY ON CHANNEL 11 (out of the 15 or whatever claimed on the box). And it took about six calls to tech support to drag that info out of 'em.

obob says “wouldn’t touch it, even with someone else’s ten-foot-pole”

the site is flaky as hell, but i got one!

My first post!

And I made the much sort after first page. I rock.
Then again maybe it’s because no one else can geton with the oh-so-slow-servers.

This new system bites the big one!

Hey WOOT who wrote your specs for the system, I’d ask for my money back!~ Sheesh!

SLEEP TIME [W] Nighty-night

Whoa, that was a tough slog through the creeping server. How many people are really willing to put up with this?

Nice WOOT