Motorola WA840G 802.11g Wireless Access Point

Only one page so far?! Where is everyone? (OK, so I spoke too soon)

I have no use for this Woot…believe it or not we only have ONE computer. How lame is that?! :smiley:

And, the server errors continue, even in the forums. Thus resulting in this double post.

man that sucked… i miss 1.0… 34 minutes it took me to actually get one of these because of time outs… cmon guys lets get some new servers and put ya on an oc48

Took me an hour to buy one. Great deal though!

Took me half an hour to buy one. Great deal though!

oops… just bought a Buffalo router off eBay for more $$… got tired of waiting for woot to carry one. :frowning:

Looks like a good deal if it will filter MAC addresses.

[quote user=“obob”]anyone who’s even thinking of it be warned!

the previous Motorola wireless bridge had the ridiculous (and unstated) limitation of working ONLY ON CHANNEL 11 (out of about 15)

obob says “wouldn’t touch it, even with someone else’s ten-foot-pole”[/quote]

Broadband Forum has lots of users using it on different channels and successfully using more than one as repeaters for a completely different WIFI/Router.

eB*y looks like a nice place to unload these units. Average sale is $22 with another $12 in S/H (probably could ship USPS priority for $3.85). That’s an easy $15 for each unit at WooT’s price. Make a relativly easy $45 and save it for a better WooT.

Search completed items for WA840G.

Ummmmm $25.00 to move the wife’s computer to another room in the house…
I got me one! It’s worth it to get my office back!
I keep my wires, she gets the connection headaches. Works for me.
Duckin-n-runnin…

If you miss it, COMPUSA has it for the same price, but it’s in-store only. None were available in my area.( http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=306597&pfp=SEARCH )

Funny how an hour is 35 mins or less.

Funny how an hour is 35 mins or less.[/quote]

Yeah I goofed but it sure felt like an hour!

hmmm
now that I have ordered im wishing that I had ordered two…

I guess that’s what happens when you hint at a BOC to a bunch of frenzied wooters–we’re basically a DDOS attack just waiting to happen. I gave that some thought as I hit CTRL-R every second for 25 minutes, and decided to cut them some slack. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote user=“Altt”]hmmm
now that I have ordered im wishing that I had ordered two…[/quote]

rookie mistake.

Server super slow, much worse than previous sight!!! Got order in but it took a loooong time to get in. Confirmation was pretty quick however!

I want one with a dual entenna since my sister in law runs off of my network next door about 750 feet away. Pringles can anyone? Please don’t get too close to that can kids! You might cook something! Shutting down the forums seemed to help a little didn’t it?

Where are my 5.1 speakers!!??!!

Am I really here? Is this my beautiful wife? First time for everything

I know there are teething pains with any site launch but all the nifty new features don’t mean squat if you can’t get to the site to start with. At the risk of dredging up the past, it took a boc or mystery speakers to slam the servers with 1.0. Let’s look at some of the super sexy woots this week that created such overwhelming demand that the new and improved server farm couldn’t handle it.
Compaq bottom feeder spec desktop
2 pack disposable digital cameras
I don’t even remember Sun night’s product (didn’t make much of an impression)
and tonight’s biggie that locked everything down for 25 minutes… a wireless access point (insert rolling eyes emoticon here).
Any ideas on why we can’t all get along together at 12:00 anymore?