Motorola XOOM 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi

Anyone else notice the prices on electronics haven’t been very exciting this woot-off? If this was new it wouldn’t be a bad deal but I’m sorry this is too much for a refurb Xoom… especially during a woot-off.

far too expensive when brand new they are going for $350 on eBay. Woot for shame

Long time WebOS user here. Been on a Sprint Pre for 2 years now. WebOS > Android, period.

Oh and I heart my Touchpad.

Why do people buy tablet pc’s in the first place? I just don’t understand the role they fill…4 inches smaller than a laptop, 5 inches bigger than a phone. Less useful than both.

Edit: South Dakota is loving this.

You guys don’t really think that the Xoom and TouchPad are that comparable, do you? I own the ASUS Transformer (another Android tablet with specs very similar to the Xoom) and as far as I’m concerned it’s far superior to the TouchPad, if only because the company that made it is still 100% dedicated to it (but really, it’s much more than only that).

I paid $99 for a HP version of this, never got it, they sent me an email explaining they were out of stock and put my money back in my account, but can’t see paying 4X for one now.

I like my touchpad, and hope it will one day dual-boot with Android.

Paranoid Android- classic Radiohead.

Ebay’s Prices

Care to share? Or buy 3 - I’ll pay for all 3 and you can keep one.

I don’t see how to compare everything to the Touchpad anymore. Yes that is a great deal - but try to find one. You can’t. Tigerdirect had a shipment come in and sold out in minutes! You can’t just go walk in any store and buy a $100 touchpad. Much less a $370 Xoom.

Can anyone compare this to the Galaxy Tab? It’s suppose to be on sell on bestbuy.com tonight…

There were serious fulfillment issues last time this was offered, but after everything got sorted out and I finally got to use it I love it and use it constantly. Plus this is $20 cheaper.

Speaking from experience, it is totally different to sit with a laptop on your lap to watch movies (bad because it gets hot) and to sit with a phone in your hands (Too small, not immersive). A tablet sits right between the two. Plus you can read e-books on it too without the drawbacks of a laptop or phone.

I bought one of these less than a week ago. I love it!!! So much better than my iPad 1st gen 64gb. :slight_smile:

I’m in for one. I just sold my g-tablet, which I got when they first came out. The g-tablet cost me the same price as this Xoom.

Still trying for a bag of crap.

By the way, why does everyone say a bag of crap is a bundle of carrots or a bushel of crops? It is obvious that the original bag of crap is Blue Oyster Cult!!

I imagine the Woot minions world-wide chanting “More Cow Bell!”, while listening to “Don’t Fear The Reaper” playing endlessly in the background.

these went quick … in what 7-8 minutes?

You’re quite wrong. Have a look for yourself.

Show me where for 99.00???

I was skeptical until I actually WON an iPad 2 at a professional conference. Though the screen is smaller, it is in SO many ways more convenient to sit around the house and browse, read (Overdrive app for free library e-books!), watch Netflix on the patio, etc. It weighs practically nothing, generates practically no heat, the battery lasts forever even under heavy use. That said, I just finished grad school and I have to say that other than reading PDFs I wouldn’t want to do any serious stuff like schoolwork or work-work on it all the time. Maybe an external keyboard would fix that (and I HATE HATE HATE the iOS soft keyboard auto-correct – the Android one is MUCH better). So generally for serious multitasking and heavy work, I would prefer my laptop; but for what most people use computers at home for – sitting around browsing the web, reading reddit, e-books, playing little games – the tablet has converted me.

Yeah, Woot should totally buy up as many of the next and final run of Touchpads (yes, HP is manufacturing another run of them…check the blog on their website) and then limit people two one per customer or a max of no more than 2. (one would be better, to insure that I’d get one!) Look into it, Woot!

He said for $100 less. Not for $100. $100 less is $280ish.

I agree, this is not HP Touchpad and it is XOOM. Them must not have passed SPELLING because they think Touchpad is the same thing as a Xoom.

Not to mention the ones who failed MATH because they say you can get a HP Touchpad for $100. I am sorry but $100 does not equal $250-$300.

Finally this is the comment board for the Xoom. If you don’t have anything to say about the Xoom to help others purchase it, then go somewhere else and stop trying to prove how dumb you are on woot.