Motorola XOOM 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Motorola XOOM 10.1" 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi
$349.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I wish this was a $149 HP Touchpad…

Nope. Not on the day that the Kindle Fire came out for $199. Bad timing, Woot.

Remind me why I’d buy this

Yup… I should have sold my 12 extra Touchpads at a profit instead of at cost to friends and bought a couple of these. What was I thinking???

I LOVE my Xoom. I’ve had it for about three months now and I can’t believe how handy it is. They laugh when I use it to take pictures, but as I get older and the eyesight gets weaker, the big screen works for me! And since I need flash for my job, this tablet fits the bill when I use it at my tabling events.

Here’s a video review from Cnet.

Hmmm…

$458.01 /w Prime on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-XOOM-Android-10-1-Inch-Wi-Fi/dp/B0045FM6SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317272591&sr=8-1
4/5 star rating

I’d probably get one if I didn’t have Galaxy already. Though the 10" screen is just not desirable when it comes to hand-held and comfortable. Maybe as a netbook/laptop replacement, but as a normal use device, 10" is huge.

is this not a good price?

You mean available for preordering?

I was hoping they would offer the Kindle Fire today, much like they offered the Kindle the day Amazon bought Woot. Seems it would have been fitting. Sigh.

Possibly, but this is 10.1 inches, “Dual Core”, dual camera, with 32gigs of onboard storage.

Those specs trump amazon’s. It all depends on how much of a tablet you “need”.

Is this thing multitouch? 2-point or multi-point? Resistive or capacitive?

I have this and a Touchpad. This is way better. I’ll reserve my many reasons why the Touchpad is such a crock o’ c**rap for some other time. The Xoom is like having a real computer in your hand, and I like it better than the iPad because it doesn’t need to be tethered all the time. The rubberized edge on the back makes it very easy to grip for extended periods. I can do everything from write and edit articles to manage my, um, downloads on it. It’s a really nice, well-designed piece of hardware with tons of good software.

Seriously? Some of these questions shouldn’t even be asked. Like is it Resistive or Capacitive. Come on now.

these things aren’t exactly popular among tech people. full of bugs and still waiting on an update that was promised months ago.

It’s $50 off the price of the last woot

I’ve had a tablet for years but never found a use for it yet.

No, mine has had two updates just since I received it from Woot on July 21. You’re going to have to be more specific about what bugs you think it has; I haven’t found any. I’m not sure what tablet you’re thinking of, but I’m sure it isn’t this.