Mountain House Emergency Food Supply Kits

Thats incorrect. They are designed to be eaten cold or hot and during firefights. And if you go find the MRE info, there is a A and B menu and something like 28 different type meals, (12 meals per case per case). There use to be WINTER versions that had higher calories. Those have been pretty much phased out. MRE’s shelf life is 7 years if you stow them in your basement. Keep them in your car, in the summer and they become pretty nasty. If you get a case, pay attention to the little sensor button that’s stuck on the case. Called TTI’s (time temp indicator). If the center is darker then then outer circle, you best have an iron stomach.

As far as todays offer, MH are great. I have eaten MH, Campers pantry and wise. Though they all pretty much taste the same, Mountain House was my favorite. For the person who said the scrambled eggs were not good, maybe not you but I’ve had them, my scouts have had them. No one didn’t not like them.
MRE’s: anything with rice will suck. Might as well gnaw on wall paper soaked in paste. Never had that issue with rice from the freeze dried lots. And FYI, if you know anyone who shops at a military base’s commissary, they normally sell TOTEMS (training meals) which are just scaled downed MRE’s (less food) for the weekend warriors (sorry guys). Normally around 55 bucks for a case of 12.