Mountain Trails Grand Pass 2-Room 6-7 Person Family Dome Tent

If the tents-a-rock’in don’t come-a-knock’in

$112 on Amazon with 11 reviews - 7 5-star ratings and 4 4-star ratings

‘Rooms’ are overselling it. Usually it’s a screen. Your little ones/other couple can sleep/go at it like rabbits while you’re safely on the other side of the screen reading/sticking your fingers in your ears.

I have to camp out for basketball tickets in the Fall at my school. This tent would have been perfect for that (large enough for a big group and cheap enough that I don’t care when it gets trashed by a bunch of drunkies and I have to buy a new one), but I just did it for the last time so I won’t need a tent like this again.

If you have to do THAT kind of camping, this tent looks like a good deal. Three years ago, I would have been in for three.

Bring back Cheeky

I “HAD” a tent like that. The issue was that it got too narrow on the two ends so you really couldnt fit many people in it…

Also, it is LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG so some sites do not have enough room for it!

This thing must be huge! 18’ x 10’ footprint – that’s way bigger than my Scamp trailer (16’ from tongue to bumper, and less than 7’ wide).

So how many Woot monkeys do you think you could fit in there?

I’m 6’3" tall…so my guess is that I count for at least 4 to 4 1/4 man in this tent.

Yeah, they measure it by the amount of people sleeping in mummy style sleeping bags and they also don’t account for gear.

Just the thing for OWS.

Same price they offered it at on 10/3 - I thought Woot Offs were to be amazing deals…

A family of four would probably max out the capacity of this if you’re also planning on storing a bit of gear inside. If you need to sleep more people than that, I’d advise you to pick up a cheap 2-4 man tent and use that for keeping your gear out of the elements.

Of course, all this assumes that you’re a car camper. This beast is way too heavy to do any actual hiking. You’d need an ox to pack it in.

Looks like it’s missing some of the features that make being stuck in a tent during a rainstorm slightly less miserable. (And that goes double for if you actually tried to have 7 people in there when it was raining.)

Seems like a good deal on a cheap tent. As long as you seam seal this thing and spray a good coating of polyurethane spray on it it should be good for the rain. It’ll last year if you re-seal the nylon every year or two and take care of it. Also a ground cloth or tarp is always good for underneath the tent to protect the bottom and keep the moisture out.

No HDMI? pass. :stuck_out_tongue:

just bought one, my first woot! (We are still using a 4 person tent for 4 people, even with little people that does NOT work.)

This will look great on the White House lawn… #occupyDC

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/663739-grand_pass_tent.html?source=googleps#.TpSdxHKyDHk

Link for same tent $60.

Makes me wanna occupy something and complain about people that are better than me.