Moving & combining all threads about new design

Hey, all the threads about the new design have been merged into the launch discussion thread over in the News section. Nothing’s been deleted - all the posts are intermingled now, from “the green looks like diarrhea!” to “the green looks like puke!” Now let’s all gripe in the spirit of togetherness: http://www.woot.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=79222 Please take all comments about the redesign there. Suggestions, love sonnets, and chili recipes are still welcome in the Everything Else forum.

This thread is here so you can complain about what a stupid moderating decision this is. Flame on, Johnny! It’s clobberin’ time!

yes, what a grand decision this is. boy do I love organization.

Well, then. How about organizing all the old woots like they used to be?
(going back in order of sale)
Thank you in advance, john

Thank you in advance, john[/quote]
well it did take over 8 man hours to get the old woots into that forum to begin with, over the objections of many who thought we didn’t need the baggage. we’re gonna let our fingers recover from our 1 million mouse click march.

also, I was always of the opinion that the Activity View of woot 1.0 was really the place to see the vibrancy of the community. it lets you see where the activity is amongst past woots, including good and bad post-receipt feedback. It was our opinion that many folks missed out on that Activity View feature – and it was kind of a downer if you told a good joke or made a good observation in an old thread.

Thank you in advance, john[/quote]
well it did take over 8 man hours to get the old woots into that forum to begin with, over the objections of many who thought we didn’t need the baggage. we’re gonna let our fingers recover from our 1 million mouse click march.

also, I was always of the opinion that the Activity View of woot 1.0 was really the place to see the vibrancy of the community. it lets you see where the activity is amongst past woots, including good and bad post-receipt feedback. It was our opinion that many folks missed out on that Activity View feature – and it was kind of a downer if you told a good joke or made a good observation in an old thread. [/quote]

As LukeD is already aware, the “Activity View” was my favourite feature…I posted somewhere (don’t know where) that the equivalent of the “cowbell” feature in 2.0 is not an effective way to view new posts.

Is anyone having this issue with a lack of icons going from grey to blue as soon (or never?) as a new post is available to read. Just wondering if it’s something I screwed up or if others are having an issue distinguishing the old from the new.

Thanks for all the effort that went into transferring so much 1.0 history AND thanks again for fixing my e-mail issue!

eta-My cons are now working!

yes, what a grand decision this is. boy do I love organization.

Thank you in advance, john

also, I was always of the opinion that the Activity View of woot 1.0 was really the place to see the vibrancy of the community. it lets you see where the activity is amongst past woots, including good and bad post-receipt feedback. It was our opinion that many folks missed out on that Activity View feature – and it was kind of a downer if you told a good joke or made a good observation in an old thread.

As LukeD is already aware, the “Activity View” was my favourite feature…I posted somewhere (don’t know where) that the equivalent of the “cowbell” feature in 2.0 is not an effective way to view new posts.

Is anyone having this issue with a lack of icons going from grey to blue as soon (or never?) as a new post is available to read. Just wondering if it’s something I screwed up or if others are having an issue distinguishing the old from the new.

Thanks for all the effort that went into transferring so much 1.0 history AND thanks again for fixing my e-mail issue!

eta-My cons are now working!

For some reason, all of a sudden this appeared on page 1 of EBW…

one of the mods must be playing and editing posts and forgot to change the date

I THINK YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! I WANT TO KICK YOU IN THE F***ING THROAT!!! I WISH I COULD POUR MOLTEN LAVA DOWN YOUR GAPING ANUS!!!

/vent

SNICKER

trying to get on probation again?

Zilla79 seems a little touchy today about something.
He is usually so nice.

:slight_smile: No, I am still nice… I just like giving the mods a hard time… Especially when they invite us to flame them. :slight_smile:

hugs

Who are we talking about again? Zilla is an ass.

you do know how to flame

Something got your goatse?

Flaming Anus
Ingredients:

* 1 oz Sambuca
* 1 oz Tequila (Jose Cuervo)
* 1 oz 151 proof rum
* 1 oz Blue Curacao
* 1 oz Coffee brandy
* 1 dash Grape juice
* 1 tblsp Tabasco sauce 

Mixing instructions:

Combine all ingredients in mug. Let stand until room temperature. Enjoy!

looks like a great drink, I understand the Tabasco sauce, but can we leave the grape juice out.

Beats me. I just reports what I sees on the innernets.