Mr. Beams Weatherproof 300 Lumen Motion Sensor Spotlight

Seems pretty good…wonder if a piece of scotch tape wouldn’t help diffuse the light a little bit to a slightly more flood-like pattern rather than the spot. Probably worth a try.

Too expensive. I bought these about 30% cheaper on an Amazon deal and still think it was too much.

Biggest issue: Wind kills the expensive batteries. Plants moving in the breeze or debris blowing sets these off constantly and the batteries die. Maybe they’re okay indoors.

There’s no “off” switch so you’d have to remove the batteries to turn them off. No adjusting the sensor or timing.

I have an older model in my garage. Goes off all the time and I have had it for years. I have had to change the batteries MAYBE once.

Could I adjust the motion sensor distance to subject? I need a motion sensor light to “scare” someone trying to open the side door or garage in the evening, but I live in a street with some pedestrian traffic and wouldn’t want it to turn on every time someone walks on the sidewalk. So in sum, would I be able to set it so it only turns on when someone is very close to it?

Thanks

No. There is no setting to limit or enhance the range on the motion sensor. If you angled the light down enough you may be able to block the sensor from reaching too far out though.

No way did you buy these 30% cheaper. These lights are well worth the purchase. This is a excellent price for this set. You must be comparing this set to something else. These woot sales are the only time these are this cheap. Mine have been up for well over a year on the original batteries. Excellent product.

Mr. Beams is like, I sense motion :open_mouth:

Just got them in the mail today and that only works if you have them mounted in a north/south configuration (ie as in on a table). If you mount it to a wall and adjust the up/down 90 degrees, you lose left/right adjustment.