Mr. Beer Home Beer Kit Premium Edition

I don’t think you need to be 21 to order this.

This would be a riot to have in my dorm room.

I bought my parents one of these for Christmas. It’s a great product, and well worth the price here on woot!

The only thing I would say about this is that you’ll want to get a different ingredient kit, the one that is included is fine for the first try, but the beer it makes is sub-par taste wise. Also, make sure you follow the instructions VERY carefully, it makes a big difference if you don’t do everything thoroughly and just half-ass it.

Because you can drink Guinness and make wannabe Guinness! Cheers to that!

It’s like getting drunk and riding a mini trike. It’s just something you have to try >.>

…Now I wish I liked drinking beer.

I bought some recently but I can’t enjoy drinking it, so I’ve been using it in recipes. Beer cheese soup isn’t bad: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beer-Cheese-Soup-III/Detail.aspx

mmmm…beer. In for 1.

I have one of these that I got from CVS. I may have screwed up, but the beer I made came out flat. You have to add sugar at the end to the actual bottles. It does taste like beer, but it was just flat.

[Homer Simpson]Mmmm…beer…aaaagggghhhh[/Homer Simpson]

is it illegal if you’re under 21 to brew your own beer?

probably is. oh well. it’s not like i drink anyways. but this is one of those times i wish i did.

We have one of these, and we found it does best fermenting in a closet. Just don’t forget about it until months and months later after it is supposed to be used…

No, you can make woot beer!!

I can’t seem to get the website for the booster packs to load.

http://www.mrbeer.com/category-exec/category_id/8

I received one of these many years ago as a present, and it’s decent. The kit refills are hard to find, but if you go to a homebrew store they can set up with what you need to brew again.

After a while I gave up on this and went to a full carboy system, but for a beginner this isn’t a bad start.

One of my friends got this set as a christmas gift from someone. Since then he’s only made the included Pale Ale, but it was drinkable. He made his too sweet, not sure if that was due to overfermentation or using too much sugar, but it certainly could be rectified.

The commenters who said this was a first-step in a process are certainly correct.

I would not use the included plastic bottles, instead I would go to a local beer supply store and buy some swing-top glass bottles, although cappers and bottles are pretty cheap as well.

In Austin, we use these bottles: Austin Homebrewing & Winemaking Supplies

We were able to pick up less than a full case of them locally.

This product is a dead end, a novelty. You’re not really making beer, and you would be better off putting your money into real beer brewing equipment.

do you need to be 21 years of age to buy a bottle opener?

Click on the link for refills. They do have a Root Beer kit listed (as well as several hard cider brew packs).

You’d be surprised! I’ve had it for over a year and have made about 10 different batches. I picked it up at Bed Bath & Beyond for $30 & the bottles were not included. $25 is a good deal for this if you’re thinking of picking up a very tasty hobby!

First Woot! Hey I’m in college afterall…

War Eagle!

It is a bit early, but this would make a pretty fantastic Father’s Day gift.

I own three of these. The included recipe is very decent, definitely a cut above typical American beers like Budweiser and Miller Lite. The different available recipes are varying but I have tried them all and would rate them from OK to Very Good, there’s not a single one I didn’t like. The upside is that the refill kits are available in higher potency, and it works out to about $.75 per 12 ounce serving if I remember my math right, so it’s pretty economical for what you get.

I’ve only used the stock refill kits, and while none of them are the best beer I’ve ever tasted, they are all pretty good, and there’s a lot of available recipes too if you want to get creative.

All in all this is a good deal and if I needed any more,I would definitely be jumping on this.