Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash System

Can a filter really make hard water “spot free?”

How much actual scrubbing would I have to do if I used this thing?

Good reviews at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-AutoDry-System-Starter/dp/B0006M56CE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1246511015&sr=8-3

It’ll wash a MAC very well. The MAC probably won’t work very well afterwards but at least it’ll be clean!

I’ve used these for years and they have never let me down. Got my current one for around $34 at Walmart a few years back.

In for 3.

Some useful reviews over at Amazon

Love my Mr. Clean carwash kit! the soap alone costs more than this.

In for 3. Killer deal. The replacement solutions cost more than buying another unit lol. This thing does work well

You’ll only get 3-4 washes out of the starter kit but the refills last alot longer. I have had one for a couple of years now and love using it for my motorcycle… just take a leaf blower to it afterward s and it comes out completely spotless

So without this it takes an hour, and with this it takes an hour?

I have this, it is by far the best car wash system for the price, the spot free rinse works great. I think I owned mine for almost 3 years and still works great. At this price I would buy 3

just bought 3!

in for 3… this thing rules, I have been using it for 2 years and it comes out perfect. definitely a good price.

Anyone ever “dared” to attempt using non-Mr-Clean soap in theirs? Of course they highly discourage such a horrid idea in the owner’s manual, but I wonder if it would really matter. As stated above, I have one and it works well but the necessary refills are what keep me from using it.

But for this price, count me in x3!

I had one of these. I used it primarily for the spot free rinse when I didn’t want to drive into town to wash my car. The filters didn’t last very long for me, maybe 8-10 rinses. It all depends on how hard your water is. We had well water. It does do a good job with the spot free though.

Depending on the drought situation, this might be illegal to use in some parts of California. In Los Angeles we’re already limited to watering (with automatic sprinklers) twice a week.

What happens if you use it without a filter (or with a bad filter)? Is there any other benefit (i.e., does this thing pressurize the water)? Or is it useless without a good filter?

Same here just bought 3. I used to have one and it worked great. Now for this price I’m glad to buy 3.

If you consider yourself “green” you might want to think twice. The soap and chemicals present in runoff when you use this thing to clean your car aren’t the best thing for the water table.

Buy a shammy, or even better…A Shamwow!

Don’t have access to a hose. Seems like a great price!!

I’ve had one for 3 or 4 years. Works pretty well. I’d guess you can wash a full size pickup (what I’ve got) around 5-7 times before you really should replace the filter. You can get away with more, depending on how crappy your water source is.
The best thing about it is after you have washed your car, you use another setting on the thing and spray your car down and the water sheets off the car, leaving a streak/spot free finish.
I think I paid around $15 for this kit when I bought it back in the day.