Mr Kraykray meets Woot CS (a tale not lost, but should have been)

After being just… flat out denied from being able to send THE ENTIRETY OF what has transpired… “blah blah” something about exceeding character count, but not so much in those words, as Wooters gonna Woot… And thinking, I was just trying to fit in (actually, More of… it’s woot, they put words everywhere. It won’t even sound or look like I’m crazy here. And it might help me unstress the F out, since, I try to go for the least amount of human contact possible for the safety of all. And that slightly off kilter humour that woot is known throughout the univers for. And you guys too, I suppose. I couldn’t help myself, cuz I my dear friends. I DO have issues. More than enough to fill at least one, if not more, lifetimes to which I’d say, Fine May I PLEASE go to my hell now? Anyway was sending… perhaps a BIT lengthy plea of how to proceed with portable ac that I recently purchased that I’d swear if I wasn’t ALREADY fast tracked to become Mayor of Crazytown, IS flipping me the finger out of spite. (in my minds eye, settle down, no hallucinations. I’m not THAT crazy. To which crazy response, “not yet, silly rabbit… not… YET”

Anyway, not feeling so well now. Kinda warm and Headachey. But if i can post this for posterity or some unassuming victim that want’s to be slightly entertained. I DID have the foresight of composing in DOCS and pasting into box (DO they build better mousetraps here, cuz do I have a better mouse that I built for them). And if one does read. All the usual side effects may occur, including but of course not limited to… being committed by the only people that can, the ones that LOVE you. Or the ones that… I CAN PUT THE DAMN JACKET ON MYSELF… you’d think they think I’m Houdini or something. Yeesh. Anyway, you have been warned. I do not owe you a cash settlement because you had no clue that "coffee hot. scald. burn. hot. coffee. Do I LOOK like a Ronald that would even THINK of McDonalding? Crazy is DEFINITELY in the lead today. Anyway, my cry for help:

The page was not displayed because the request entity is too large. (oh… that’s what It said, i thought that was lost to the void I call memory. (still doubting this measly box can contain… but… let’s try it again… (and more for the release of frustration so I don’t take it out on others. or myself. And if the headache wasn’t getting worse, I’d actually arrange it a little better but. Life Is just one giant friggin run on sentence of death.

When asked… WHAT THE WOOT IS YOUR PROBLEM, MAN? THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER WOULD BE:

Packaged greatly (the first order of imac, not so much… but no wounds… and not this story) Everything appeared to be fine. Upon trial run when day was cooler than its lowest setting. Runs. Buttons do things. Cool, both literally and figuratively. Fast forward to warnings of “IF the heat doesn’t kill ya, the humidity might make you wish it had” that doomsayers from the AMS said in front of their green screens. I ordered a window unit from costco the day before the portable ones you just HAD to entice me with. Hearing the property management in the back of my head berating me for daring to have window unit… we SAID…NO WIRE COAT HANG… I mean NO. Just no. It raining air conditioners and ending sidewalk life. Just doesn’t have a nice ring to it. Nevermind that three other residents have them defiantly displayed. Before I got your portable, I figured… I have a closet that has a window in it (ino, right?) or a kitchen that… what DOES one do with a kitchen? In 54 years I still have no clue (INO, RIGHT?) So I was gonna rig window one indoors. Although I don’t look it… when I say i will make something work. I WILL make it WORK. But… happily we didn’t need to because we wooted the the wootgods and were answered. So, since my friend (not so much right now) was supposed to buy it. Did not. Help me configure. Did not. At least take it back to Costco. Did… not. So me hauling it back… on the bus… in the heat as to return before I would get nothing back AND have to do that in reverse. I DID ONE OF ALL THE THINGS. And was I proud. Until I got home. Still not hot because it’s still on other side of building. Fine. Let’s do this. And did… until an hour or so later. IT had other plans, and decided to flip me the bird, but not rudely as it powered itself to low… closed it’s louvers and called it a night. As did I. As I actually HAD “read through manual paperslip COMPLETELY before starting” since I’ve never been around, let alone owned for my own use, one of these new fangled coolerdownerthingies of the indoor pet variety. And thought, I know you have to drain something from time to time as I’d been warned about. Started it up again well in advance of the sun turning up to 11. And within five minute, it repeated the silient one finger salute. Wasn’t I supposed to have some code. E5 perhaps. sigh Fine. Disconnections were made and… really? how am i supposed to drain when it’s an inch off the ground? Knowing my best telekinetic suite had been lost at the cleaners. eyeroll whatever. I’ll fake it and it will be fine. Opened the one it said it should be (lower) nothing. NOT ONE DRIP. Maybe typo since this isn’t the one that has heat and instructionally speaking I should not concern, but… just in case. NOT ONE DROP. As my fears started to ebb into reality… Okay no code. No water. Maybe just a glitch. Unplug. reset. voodoo chant. Okay, we are running again. And for five wonderful minutes All was well in my universe. And one more… AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON… LATER. Unplug, wait, dig out magnifier to read… NOPE… there’s a resizable PDF somewhere. Hmmm… nothing that pertains to MY situation. And as I gently lowered myself into that… sigh I’m gonna have to deal with this… and I JUST took the other one back reality. (and do not repeat this… almost… cried. But realizing I was already dripping with sweat/dismay/lost hope, and did not have a mop handy, refrained. And after a nice cool refreshing night of slumber. (you know that’s a joke right, I couldn’t have slept had I been able to) I needed to remind myself contact woot! do not rma yet, but warn and find out what needs to transpire and you can cry afterward, ya big baby. It still could… NOPE. NOT GONNA. It’s ONLY going to lead to more pain… and ironically, possibly lead to a NON window AC being THROWN (allegedly) out the window, proving the point of not having window version entirely moot. And possibly proving me guilty of reckless endangerment. To which my side, the one with a sick sense of humour… has the audacity to remark. “Well, at least they have AC in lockup” I swear, if self-abuse wasn’t a red flag for those that shrink (and i’m in-between) and generally frowned upon, I’d punch that guy. So. Here. We. Are. I apologize for me being me through prose. If I wanted to justify wasting your time (from mine being wasted… joking aside, I AM sorry, wasn’t meant to be more of a pain than I’m already destined to be. This wasn’t out of malice. And if you wanna point fingers… they person(s) that writes your copy and your corporate Wootitude in general… They started it!!! Neener. Neener. (please help, I know I am past it. But think of the air conditioners. And I don’t know what I need to do. And how often do you get commentary like THIS? beaming and thinking RHETORICAL. Probably happens more than any might think. Truly scribbled, ~geo. And please, have a great day and be grateful YOU don’t have to live with… whatever this I am is. BUT look, a weekend! RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS for all!!! Yeah, I have to work too.

So that my fellow WOOTARATI, Is how we define crazy around here. In all it’s relatively unsanitized glory. Now go wash your hands. You have no idea where my thoughts might have been. You’re welcome.

4 Likes

After barely getting through the first paragraph I have no idea how you exceeded the character count. Anyway good luck.

1 Like

@geomclo

So…

You were moderately pleased with the outcome?

3 Likes

Drawing Motivation GIF

2 Likes

My response…

The standard Lorem Ipsum passage, used since the 1500s

“Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.”

Section 1.10.32 of “de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum”, written by Cicero in 45 BC

“Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?”

1914 translation by H. Rackham

“But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?”

Section 1.10.33 of “de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum”, written by Cicero in 45 BC

“At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet ut et voluptates repudiandae sint et molestiae non recusandae. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.”

1914 translation by H. Rackham

“On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammelled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains.”

1 Like

And the award for the longest, most rambling, punctuation lacking post goes to…

@geomclo

Now, 20 words or less, do you need any help from Woot?

8 Likes

There’s a future customer service manual somewhere that’s going to use this as an example of what not to do when sending requests to customer service. Thank God for a character limit.

2 Likes

Can you sum your post up to just 1 sentence please

1 Like

Not it.

Confused Wes Anderson GIF by Searchlight Pictures

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

2 Likes
  • Portable A/C works
  • Portable A/C is broken
  • Shower drain is clogged
  • Squirrel broke a window
  • Someone needs a nap

0 voters

Not to make light of the situation but where’s Scooby and the gang?

1 Like

scooby doo running GIF

2 Likes

OMG. I thought perhaps someone’s pet might see and go… well THIS looks like a good place to… in fact, i think someone did. I had NO idea i’d get anything other than imaginary looks of disdain. And I’m here only to let my CS agent know. should they want the unedited version. C’mon… If I AM gonna end up losing my mind. I AM DETERMINED. I WILL HAVE FUN DOING IT. It’ll probably kill me, but hey… when ya gotta go… lol

That and while scrolling down to GET here (i do not remember it being so long of a trip) YES, Again, I was glancing because I’m also multitasking to get my GPU on before some pimpscalper charges me… i just won’t pay that. My mind. Doesn’t need DLSS or FRS (which, pro tip… when yer vision goes a bit… anything above 720 is overkill as you have AA (the gpu kind cuz I have a terrible headache and plan on indulging like two hours ago… ps. time does not fly. Time is DEFINITELY on… “the list”) So as you can tell. This wasn’t an act (of kindness… or vengence) I yam what I yam. (i think just recently, i got tired of wearing the mask. The other one. Plus this way, anybody especially the next therapist, when they say… You can’t have ADHD, or some such nonsense. This is only a fraction of what goes on up here, constantly and contuinually. It’s a wonder I even remember my… what was I talking about? Anyway, THANK you ALL. PROBLEM SOLVED as best as could be. A+++ help. (i like this. Not having to interact in real time cuz for all this… in person… I’m like little frog dude from the WB and when anxieties rise… RIBBIT! (but thank you all as well, just as it gave me a little side quest. And will need to take a look at the the bags wootloot. And here I thought I was gonna have to be LOCOLONE today. While I’ve got the voices for it, it’s just not the same. Anyway, everybody have a great day. Take care and of you take NOTHING from this experience… just always remember…oh what’s this panel say… be kind rewind. Does your reply improve the conversation, well DUH. Do you think i’d waste my time and energy let alone if I didn’t. I CAN be delusional AND still be crazy, right? Anyway, I forgot the meter was running, clock was ticking, time was… well although I COULD tell you, but we both already knows how THAT turns out. I should always preface potential encounters with people like you or at least get a tshirt that nobody can see… DO NOT ENGAGE!!! (seriously, thank you. I feel empowered enough to take on the world… or at least to gently suggest that Mr. Scalper MIGHT wanna sit this one out, because if the punishment can’t fit the crime, I’ll at least trade scalp for scalp. And apparently Alexa has good news for me so I must be going now. Later my little enablers. lol

1 Like

Wow… someone is doubling down on their sweaty try-hard attempts.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I actually read all of that. Do you have a blog?

2 Likes

TL;DR

3 Likes

I might concur If it was an attempt at being something. Heck, It’s even make more sense if I were to do this for the applause… i mean attention. But no joke. This actually IS a small portion of what goes through my mind and any given moment. And yes, maybe I’ll find a therapist that will actually… well I really don’t want meds because. I DO enjoy just being myself. And not have to be fake me that I’ve had to be for much too long. Just know, I do not wish to offend nor annoy. (Although, I am at peace knowing the latter is somewhat unavoidable. And is why I DO generally try or end up ghosting and dealing with myself alone. I do apologize.

2 Likes

Okily dokily. This reads like something off a quirky teen or notliketheothergirls subreddit, but so it goes. I’m otter here.

2 Likes

You’d think I would, right? I’ve thought about it. But I’ve thought of repurcussions IRL I like twitter. Just cuz, the limited room in which to work trying to maximise. Which then makes it appears like I’m “trying” to hard and if “trying” is… once in motion… it’s very very difficult to even find out where I should stop (which, the only time I do that is when I go on like this. In private thinking ALL THE THOUGHTS and writing them down. ONLY to go… maybe I shouldn’t and deleting it all. That’s what I WAS trying kinda to say earlier. I’ve worked retail for too many years, and most of the time with an irrate customer, it’s not always the “i have been wronged, I insist on being righted as I the customer am ALWAYS right. At least in the fairy tale I grew up with” What the want, is for someone to actually just listen and understand why they might feel all irrate. For you to hear what they have to say and you might reply, I know exactly how you feel (and not that fake crap either) I’d much prefer someone tell me a brutally honest truth that is usually sugar coated for the sake of niceties? I dunno, it’s like once I was accused of appartently taking joy in being argumentative. NO. BUT, If we ARE going to have one. I would much prefer of having whatever issue adressesed, dealt with, hopefully to be never heard from again because. Whatever issue was actually taken care of and we’ve moved on. Not the “i’ll say what you want to hear to avoid the argument” and the underlying issue is free to fester whenever. But, I am a bit “different” and I understand that one size may fit many, but rarely if ever all. Anyway, THANK you. I took that as a very high compliment. Did not come for the likes or the numbers that could get companies to pay for… “influence” for what I deem nefarious reasons. Oh, you might enjoy this. You know the most simple magic you can do. That you CAN actually influence someone’s thought/attitude/etc. SMILE. But I will look you up should things change, if you didn’t hate it. Seriously, I did NOT think ANY would read. I was just doing it because I’m tired of losing stuff to the internet gods and goddesses, for no real reason. No YOU hang up. heehee. Sorry, I should have gone before i even got here. But thank you, it was actually kinda sweet. take care ~g

1 Like