MSI 15.6" GL63 8RD Gaming Laptop

MSI 15.6" GL63 8RD Gaming Laptop

Yeah, but can it play Crysis… ?

Sorry, I had to do it

4 Likes

Yes, YES it can lol

1 Like

I’m more a fan of the GT series, since I’m into VR (The 1050 ti CAN do VR, but my GT73VR has a 1080 which runs just about anything the market can deliver right now and then some) but MSI makes great laptops.

If I were looking for an upper mid range laptop right now I’d absolutely scoop this up, this is a good deal.

I am typing to you on this laptop which is my work laptop. I use it for photoshop on top of daily tasks and not for gaming. If you need to do some heavier computing/office work I think it’s a better tool than many of the other laptops you’ll be able to purchase.

2 Likes

My main laptop used to be an MSI. Very slick machine electronically, but construction was problematic. Bits broke off the case; attachment for the power cord broke frequently, requiring motherboard replacement. Eventually, the case simply tore open, And no, I am not a chimpanzee.

Oh, and end-of-support meant just that. Not just no warranty repairs; no manufacturer repairs at all.

I am uncomfortable with MSI.

1 Like

I have an older MSI laptop, but mine is a GE72.

Simply put? The most stable and durable laptop I have ever owned.

I have not had that experience. My last three laptops have been 15" MSI gaming laptops. I have been very happy with all of them. The first one was stolen and the second one became my gf’s laptop when I was ready to upgrade to a 10 series videocard. They have been very durable and run games really well. I highly recommend. My current one is a GE62VR Camo Editon. I only got the Camo edition because apparently people didn’t like the camo paint job and I got it for $200 cheaper than the same laptop without camo…

haha this made me laugh.

Not an MSI fan…had one, worked for a couple of years and the display went dark. The HP I am working on is in service for five years plus.

I have the same laptop you do, and agree with everything you said except this being a good deal. You can get a much better msi laptop for only a couple hundred bucks more.

Sounds like they outsourced production to Apple.

1 Like

Well, yeah, you can always get better for more money. At this price point this is a good deal.

I have this exact laptop, bought a few months back as a refurb from Amazon. One thing to note is if you want to get the best performance out of it, be prepared to install either a second 8GB stick of RAM or two new sticks. While 8GB is a decent amount, with only one stick the CPU is very limited in terms of memory bandwidth and performance will suffer in many applications. Installation of a second stick is very easy to do.