MSI 15.6" GS63VR Stealth Pro-674 Notebook

MSI 15.6" GS63VR Stealth Pro-674 Notebook

I’ve had one of these for almost 3 years. In many ways it’s great; it performs well with most graphics-intense games and applications. But there are a few flaws. Most notably the center front support foot (under the trackpad) is positioned such that excessive pressure on that point can pinch the battery pack, which will cause the battery to swell and require replacement (so always be certain the rubber nubs are all evenly supported). Also I’ve had trouble with fan noise. These parts are not too expensive to replace, but factory service under warranty can be ploddingly slow. Mine was out 3 months for one repair. Luckily I bought the extended service plan from my retailer which entitled me to a loaner while it was out, but that was a lot of lost time.

Is the body plastic or aluminum? Seem to see conflicting info. And does the Bott have that felt stuff?

The body is aluminum, but the bottom plate is very thin, and yes it is covered with a suede-textured synthetic fabric. Many of the vents are on the bottom, so I recommend using it on a clean, rigid flat surface to maintain air flow, though the fabric will delay burns if you need to use it on your lap.