MSI 17.3" GS75 Stealth-243 Laptop

MSI 17.3" GS75 Stealth-243 Laptop

Better specs brand new same price: $1700 for a 17" 2080 Max-P new: https://www.newegg.com/black-eluktronics-eluktro-pro-x-mech-17-g1rx-gaming-entertainment/p/2WC-000M-00167

Only downside is half the SSD size but 2080 full size graphics card absolutely demolishes a 2070 max q.

Go google the price of a 2080 full sized laptop by any competition. You won’t find it for anywhere near $1700. , it will be around $2300.

1 Like

Less memory; smaller SSD.

When you bring the SSD up on NewEgg, the price goes over $2000. At least compare apples to apples.

1 Like

They both have 16 GB of memory, where are you seeing less memory?

Additionally this laptop is a 2070 max-q which means a non-full-sized card with much slower frame rates and processing power. The laptop I linked is a 2080 FULL SIZE graphics card, which will get a large frame rate boost over the 2070 max-q. So I agree with you 100%, this is not comparing apples to apples, because one is a lot better than the other, and it’s also not refurbished.

I understand you have products to sell, but one of these two is a deal and the other is not.

1 TB SSD does not hold more value than a 2080 full sized GPU. You will not find another 2080 full sized graphics card in a sub $2.2k laptop for a reason. You can find 1 TB SSDs in a lot of cheap laptops for a reason.

Sorry, that was video memory. Still have the SSD difference.

You’re suggesting that a REFURBISHED 1 TB SSD with a 2070 Max-Q GPU is a better value than a NEW 500 GB SSD with a 2080 Max-P GPU?

I believe your shoppers would greatly disagree, as would anyone who understands gaming technology.

You think gamers care more about SSD than frame rate on a gaming laptop? If you want to take a stab at the deal I posted, you’d be better off pointing out your product has an 18 month warranty where the one I provided has a 12 month warranty. That would be more genuine of a response.

It’s an odd discussion here. Eluktronics is a rebadging brand. They don’t make their own laptops. Their laptops are supplied by Clevo and rebadged(many offname brands use Clevo). MSI makes there own and is an established brand in the hardware industry. You pay more for a name in any product line, so, yes, the MSI will cost more, because you’re paying for peace of mind, support, etc etc. That’s how branding works

Eluktronics cut’s out the cost of designing laptops by buying barebone Clevo laptops and upgrading the components and reselling under their own name. They’ve been in the market for quite a while now. Much of the gaming computer market is this way. There are a few OEMs that sell direct to other companies for rebranding. The amazon reviews and newegg reviews speak very highly of them. There are complaints with any brand, and searching Eluktronics on reddit is a good way to learn a lot more fast.

Almost the entire Woot / Amazon inventory is powered by rebranding or refurbishing. Thus why nearly every product sold on here is either 1. rebranded 2. refurbished or 3. both.

In this case, woot is selling #2.

The GS5-243 only accepts MicroSD cards. If you need to read a card, check what form.

144 refresh monitor is superfluous. You won’t be able to get anywhere near that, even in 1080P, at anything near ultra or high settings on AAA titles. Just go build a desktop. You’ll get more for less money.