MSI X-Slim 15.6” Notebook with USB DVD Burner

I have an msi netbook and it’s great i had to contact support about the warranty sticker/seal to up the mem and they contacted me back quickly giving permission to break the seal and upgrade. I love the msi brand.

why don’t you guys just sell the USB dvd burners by them self,or beter yet how bout a blueray burner hu?..hu? what u say give it a try u might sell a few !

Provantage

1,657 seller ratings New No tax + Shipping: $11.45 $550.94 $539.49
Bottom Line Telecom

109 seller ratings New No tax + Free shipping $580.16 $580.16

its 1 year GLOBAL, 3 year U.S

if i am not mistaken normally msi has free 3 yr warranty and the 1st yr is accidental global coverage do your research before you buy. Not a bad price for a brand new setup with external drive included. WOOT WOOT!!!

Wait… MSI? Micro Star International? I didn’t know they were still in the business!

I was thinking that it may have stood for “Might Stink Immensely.”

Looks like a single big button on the “keyboard” picture.

woot beat newegg…

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152156

This looks like it was made to compete with the Macbook Air. But this has a bigger screen and slower processor. But the bigger screen means bigger dimensions and another 2 pounds.

Edit: Actually it’s only 1.6 pounds more but still under an inch thick. Or about 0.22 " thicker that the Air.

If this is, in fact, Micro Star International, I used to purchase their motherboards exclusively to make my own computers with. If it isn’t, see my post above regarding what the acronym could mean. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just found the link for the Global warranty and it is indeed Micro-Star International. Not sure how their laptops are, but their motherboards were 2nd to none back in the day!

review…CNET: Product reviews, advice, how-tos and the latest news

[MOD: as a link… CNET: Product reviews, advice, how-tos and the latest news ]

So you were impressed with their quality then? How is the reliability, and just as important: how is their customer service?

website with manual…Loading...

[MOD: as a link… Loading... ]

The keyboard and trackpad fail in such catastrophic fashion that there is no way I can recommend the notebook. Let me explain.

First off, the X600 features a full keyboard and number pad. That’s not that uncommon for a 15.6-inch notebook nowadays. But some keys are cropped and I still haven’t gotten used to it. The enter key, along with most of the keys to the immediate north and south are slightly smaller. That’s not that the dealbreaker though.

I must say, however, the keys themselves feel great with just the right amount of springiness. This is one of the selling points to the notebook, but it’s too bad that the designers placed the trackpad in such a terrible location.

Laptop Mag review

CPU specs at 1.4GHz.

I feel like I’m going backwards in time…

Product Website

It’s super slim, has just the right amount of inputs and enough computing juice to power through almost anything. But something that seems as trivial as a misaligned trackpad thoroughly ruins the ultra-slim notebook. You simply cannot type on this notebook when the trackpad is enabled, and that’s a big problem.

But if somehow you can get past this design flaw, the notebook is great. MSI hit the “enhance” button on the photocopier when copying the Apple MacBook Air. The more inputs, user-replaceable battery, and dramatically lower price tag all combine to create a hell of a notebook.

well it seems to me thats its one of those things where you never hear anything bad about them, so the lack of bad reputation = good reputation. just like acer, asus, emachines, etc…
also, it really isnt about the name at all. just looking at the specs should tell you what this notebook is all about. its telling me that its a very powerful machine. although no match for a mac :wink:

Only if it can also go 88mph while producing 1.21 gigawatts