Muir's Woods

Thank you to everyone who voted for my design!

I love the outdoors, and can’t wait to wear this while I’m hiking :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Mountain, lake, trees and Northern Lights—perfect!

I was hoping this beautiful design would get a Derby win… I’m so pleased! :slight_smile: I just ordered one. Congratulations, Wingfeather! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

An question I answered in the derby thread - the reason for the “1938” is that the quote in the shirt - “Come to the Woods, for here is rest.” - was published in 1938, and came from previously unpublished documents.

It is a bit Skyrim, beautifully so

Very very pretty

beautiful art, lovely design,
just surprising you didn’t portray a scene of … well…
Muir Woods…
You know, the national monument?

Just curious - what’s the significance of “1938” on the shirt? Muir was born in 1838 and aside from someone trying claim 1938 was the centennial of his birth, I got nuthin’. Any ideas? A typo on the shirt?

See above.

I had three Muir-related locations I played with for the design: Yosemite, Muir Woods and Mt. Rainier. I really wanted Yosemite (Muir’s favorite place, it seems like) to work, but its silhouette wouldn’t allow the same negative-space effect I was going for.

Muir Woods gave me fits, because it doesn’t really have a signature skyline.

Rainier, though, seemed to fit the bill, so that is what I went with.

See my comment above - 1938 was the publication date of the quote I used in the shirt. 1838-1914 was my second choice, but it looked too busy. 1838 was my third choice, but in the end I went with the publication date.

Thank you both for the good questions!

I love this design, but would also love to see it with the text as a caption rather than a logo.