Musment Cat 8 Ethernet Cable

Musment Cat 8 Ethernet Cable

Don’t buy this cable. You don’t need cat 8, you won’t benefit from cat 8. The chart on this listing is nonsense, your ping won’t be better with this cable than any other cable. The connectors are not ‘silver plated’, they’re shielded, and since many/most of the connectors in your home aren’t designed to properly connect the shields, if you do see any performance difference with this cable, it’ll be worse, not better. That’s assuming the shields on the connectors are actually connected to a cable shield, which is unlikely at this price.

The vast majority of home users can’t even take full advantage of cat 6 cable; A small number high-end consumer products have 2.5 gigabit ethernet adapters, cat 6 is good for up to 10 gigabit at any normal household length.

Edit: I didn’t even notice that it was flat. There is no possibility that this is actually cat 8 cable.

2 Likes

The description even says that it’s Cat6. The description also states that it’s UTP (unshielded twisted pair), actual Cat8 spec calls for shielded cables

Hi there. These are being pulled from Amazon inventory so we don’t have a lot of information. Here it is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Musment-Ethernet-Internet-Computer-Professional/dp/B09H65SR22

I ask if someone can look into it.

I think @Narfcake should buy it, cuz Cat.

1 Like

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

i dont like you lucille ball GIF

1 Like