Mustek 6 Megapixel Digital Camera

for those of you enamored with megapixels, you should be more concerned with the quality of the lens. MPs are nice, but if you’re not going to ever print out anything larger than a postcard, there’s no point in going above 3/4 MPs.

Don’t know anything about this brand…so I’ll read your opinions and decide. The price seems good…but not if the camera is poorly made.

It only supports up to 1gb SD cards…that’s just sad

Dare I say it:

IS THIS MAC COMPATIBLE?

I’ve never been a fan of Mustek anything, so I’ll have to pass, but…

…like Elizabeth Hurley after the Divine Brown incident, you’re gonna be glad you dropped a Grant.

That line made it worth staying up late. There’s a bunch of TV execs in L.A. that would pay big $ for material like this right now.

hmmm, last time a cheap camera came up, I thought about buying it to store in the glove compartment but decided not to due to the internal litium ion battery. This takes regular AA, I think I will pull the trigger.

Oh hell naw…I bought the 5 mp Mustek camera from the woot sellout site a few weeks ago for $45 shipped as a backup camera (bad mistake), and today’s woot looks like a better alternative, although same brand, than that crappy 5 mp Mustek camera I got (at least it looks a-bit-high-quality-digital-camera-like)…that 5 mp Mustek camera loads EXTREMELY SLOW and picture quality is worst than the 2 mp camera on my phone :frowning:cries

OKAY backup camera, but if you want a regular camera for everyday use, STAY AWAY from this brand!

hey if you go to the company’s webcite its $141

I bought the SD-500 and it’s nothing special. This one looks much nicer, but IMO I’d save and buy a Kodak or Canon.

if it had a dock station and printer that would be a good woot but like ya said it was a mustek

Mustek was a pretty popular scanner brand quite a few years ago. They do have a history of imaging though so it might not be a bad buy.

Nothing beats the optical clarity and quality of a Mustek digital camera. I mean, come on… It’s a Mustek, baby! I don’t know how Woot can get away with selling a quality brand name like this for only $50.

Last year, they were selling the 5mp Mustek at Sears for $50ish on Black Friday, if memory serves me. It’s the cheapest brand they carried, Kodak even takes better quality pics.

I have this camera. It uses battery quickly. The picture taken by this camera is bad compared to my Nikon 3 MB camera. You get what you pay for.

Does it happen to end in .cn?

I’m going to say that judging by reviews of products from this company, I’d skip this camera. Even if it is 6mp, the rest of the camera’s going to be junk.

$140 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Mustek-MDC630Z-Digital-Cameras-Optical/dp/B000J67VPM

No reviews though

Nothing but bad luck with mustek products. Well with the tech calls, warranties , and returns.

Three DOA Mustek bluetooth headsets. Policy is a joke. Most their pages are down.

Not againsts woot! Just Mustek, You have been warned.

Just remember, you get what you pay for. Just because it’s a 6 MP camera, doesn’t mean you’ll get all 6 MP worth of quality. Which is why a Canon 6 MP camera will take nicer pictures than a Polaroid 6 MP will. Buy with caution.

What is the term for the speed in which you can take back to back pictures? Whatever the term is, does this one have a fast one? I have a older sony and it takes way too long to take back to back pics. Thanks my fellow nerds.

I bought the Mustek MDC4000 (4.1MP) off another deal sight in May and it is a real POS. We got it so my children could use it for our Disneyland trip but it would only take about 10-20 pictures before the batteries died. And it was even worse when I tried to use rechargeable batteries. After the first day of frustration with it I dropped it back in the luggage and gave my daughter our good Canon to use the remainder of the trip. I love Woot and have bought lots of items from them but this is one poopy deal. Do yourself a favor and pass this one up.

And if anyone wants the one I have they can have it for the cost of shipping.